• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

Russ,

You and I have done a fair amount of business over the past few months. I've never had a complaint with your service (even when you sent me the wrong stuff) or your offline conduct. However, every time you engage in one of the pisssing contest it makes me want to do business with you less and less.

Russ,

You and I have done a fair amount of business over the past few months. I've never had a complaint with your service (even when you sent me the wrong stuff) or your offline conduct. However, every time you engage in one of the pisssing contest it makes me want to do business with you less and less.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Russ, You and I have done a fair amount of business over the past few months. I've never had a complaint with your service (even when you sent me the wrong stuff) or your offline conduct. However, every time you engage in one of the pisssing contest it makes me want to do business with you less and less.

I agree that letting himself get dragged into these arguments does look unprofessional, but in one sense, he's not being put in a very fair position. Someone goads him into a fight, using a topic like this to further a personal vendetta/grudge (even though the topic had nothing to do with it and they're not even in the running for the freakin' contest!). If Russ returns fire, HE'S the bad guy, not those making personal attaks.

It's not even the "principle" of the giveaway, it's WHAT is being given away. Do you think that all the self-appointed watchdogs would give a rat's behind if he were giving away a Hulk #333?? No way. They wouldn't want to know the person's name and be given five different kinds of proof that Russ had for sure given the issue away, and they wouldn't be bringing up the possibility of a scam.

I think for those of us to whom the contest applies/applied, the entry was just a bonus on top of what we already bought. It didn't cost us anything to be entered in the running!!!!!! Augh!! I just can't help but wonder what some of these people really want. Do they not want anyone to win a valuable comic book? Is that really it? Do they want to hurt Russ's business?? Do they not want anyone else to make money selling comic books (besides themselves, of course)?? I just shake my head reading these topics sometimes...

I agree that letting himself get dragged into these arguments does look unprofessional, but in one sense, he's not being put in a very fair position.

So would you say it WAS fair then for Russ/Clive to recently come here under the new name Comicsupply..

And not mention to ANYBODY who he used to be..? either on Ebay.. or on this forum.. because of how he had previously handled himself on both those platforms?

And only when it was was brought to light that Comicsupply, Comicsforcash, Roberts, Bella, etc..etc.... were indeed one and the same person, did he come foward and admit to trying to get over on everybody.

As he said himself.. he knew he would not get a fair shake with his previous bad name/reputation.

Well my friends.. that DOES bother me..he tried to fool everyone here.. yet many of you do not seem to care about that fact. Just let it slide..give the guy a break... he has not done me wrong...

To each his own I suppose.

I am glad to hear he has recently tried to improve his selling methods, and or costumer relations. He does have a good product, and good prices..

I had spoken at length with him on the phone MANY times before I even knew who he was.. or his dubious history. Russ.. you shoulda been up front with me from the get go.. it woulda gone a lot farther then the way you actually came here.

I would rather go out of my way, and pay more elsewhere, then give him my business.

Can a leapord change his spots?.. sure.. but after all is said and done he still behaves like the same leapord... sans spots.

Ze-

Do they want to hurt Russ's business?? Do they not want anyone else to make money selling comic books (besides themselves, of course)?? I just shake my head reading these topics sometimes...

I shook my head reading your post Chris. Remind me, how much money did you cough up on that collection of FF's I sent your way last year, when you were saying you had no $$$?

What was that? $0? Zero?

Well, it's clear that we're hoping to cash in on all the business Russ loses. makepoint.gif

Red

I still luv ya' anyway. What's in the water down in NC today? flowerred.gif And I think it's a great idea to keep this thread alive.......good thinkin' Russ Fans! thumbsup2.gif

I shook my head reading your post Chris. Remind me, how much money did you cough up on that collection of FF's I sent your way last year, when you were saying you had no $$$? What was that? $0? Zero?

Red, I have to admit, I'm just shaking my head right back at you. smile.gif Are you SURE there's nothing else from any past dealings with anyone else on these forums that you don't want to bring into this topic about Russ's giveaway before you're done?? smile.gif

Not sure what the comics that you gave me last year (which was before Russ's site even existed, I think) as a wedding present have to do with Russ's business, or the giveaway. I appreciate it, I thanked you then, I have shared with several people what you did for me. Are you wanting me to pat you on the back publicly now? O.k... *pat pat pat*

I hope it was not done so that you could pull it out of your back pocket in the future. I guess I should also thank you for the book on personal finance that you gave me, or should I have waited for you to bring that up on your own? poke2.gif

I still luv ya' anyway. What's in the water down in NC today? flowerred.gif And I think it's a great idea to keep this thread alive.......good thinkin' Russ Fans! thumbsup2.gif

Hey, speaking of keeping this thread alive, didn't you walk away from this topic? poke2.gif Do we get to bring it up in future topics that you weren't a man of your word on that one? smile.gif

gossip.gif I secretly hope that I win the Hulk 181 if it's re-offered so that the conspiracy theories and accusations can continue.

Chris....

You want answers? The answers are right here! How much easier can I make this for you? Have you bothered to access any of this information?

So I'll pose the same questions to you that I asked Arex. He was good enough to answer them in detail in pm.

#1- Have you actually read through the Dickwad Seller of the Day thread? If not here it is.

Dickwad Seller of the Day If it's too long for you, read the Cliff Notes somewhere in the thread. Or are you basing your evaluation of CS simply on a few low level transactions with him? Seem like you are.

#2 - Do you understand that Roberts357 is Russ, aka Clive aka ComicSupply?

#3 - Have you seen some of the classy responses Russ has offered up in the past to buyers who gave him problems on Ebay? That's a pretty high number of transactions ending in some pretty vitriolic accusations. Here's a link to that....

Feedback

Does this not raise any concerns with you? You think Russ just has bad luck?

#4 - Are you familiar with the details of the problems Nikos and Chrome (two friends of mine here on the boards) had with roberts357/ComicSupply?

You seem to be of the school that if you haven't been personally slammed yet, it's no concern of yours. My feeling is that this is a community here, and part of the benefit of this place is to watch each others backs. But if I see you about to be slammed by someone, I'll remember to just watch and let it go down on you. We should all be on our own here, right? Makes sense to me.

#5 - If you have read through the above, (and there is more) and you still feel warm and snuggly about dealing with CS, then that's where we part company in this debate. I would never ever buy from ComicSupply.On principal alone. He mistreated several friends of mine - who are total straight arrows and never dump on anyone - on the boards and that is plenty for me. I'm not suggesting anyone not buy from CS, I am simply making folks aware of the past record of extremely dissatisfied customers. I will continue to do so. If you have a problem with you that, you are also welcome to put me on "ignore".

Answer them or not, I don't care. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

So would you say it WAS fair then for Russ/Clive to recently come here under the new name Comicsupply...And not mention to ANYBODY who he used to be..? either on Ebay.. or on this forum.. because of how he had previously handled himself on both those platforms?

Well my friends.. that DOES bother me..he tried to fool everyone here.. yet many of you do not seem to care about that fact. Just let it slide..give the guy a break... he has not done me wrong...

Honestly, I don't know what to make of his past, but his past was not what this topic was about. All I can share is my experience dealing with him, which was very good. If other people have personal issues with him (and it's obvious that they do), there's no point in making this topic about that and making accusations that you have absolutely no proof of.

I know the above part of your post wasn't directed at me personally, but I never said to let it slide, give him a break, or that he's done no wrong. All I said was...wait, what's this topic about, again? smile.gif

I would rather go out of my way, and pay more elsewhere, then give him my business. Can a leapord change his spots?.. sure.. but after all is said and done he still behaves like the same leapord... sans spots.

Then go out of your way and pay more elsewhere. If you don't like/trust him, I don't blame you. It just gets annoying (and old) when some people also went out of their way to drag personal issues into this topic and make accusations they had no proof for, and tell someone how to run a contest that they'd already posted the rules for, long before the contest even started - and this from people who weren't even entered in the contest, which was a free side benefit!

Anyway, like I said...what's this topic about, again? smile.gif

Perhaps Deathlok should chime in here with his perception of Sterling's selling practices, or what about TDComix, or hammer, or ablue, or all the other bad guys out there who have ever done anyone wrong. frustrated.gif

makeitstop.jpg

Chris,

If you can't connect the dots here (which are about the size of bowling balls) and realize that all of this is connected then you obviously are going to miss the bigger picture. This is personal only as far as it concerns the boards and business practices. Put me on ignore if you want to stay on the sunny side of the street.

Perhaps Deathlok should chime in here with his perception of Sterling's selling practices, or what about TDComix, or hammer, or ablue, or all the other bad guys out there who have ever done anyone wrong. frustrated.gif

Not perception, actual events. I would drop it lest you open a can worms not worth opening. He has been good at leaving me alone, as I have left him alone.

Not perception, actual events. I would drop it lest you open a can worms not worth opening. He has been good at leaving me alone, as I have left him alone.

notthisagain.jpg

If you can't connect the dots here (which are about the size of bowling balls) and realize that all of this is connected then you obviously are going to miss the bigger picture. This is personal only as far as it concerns the boards and business practices. Put me on ignore if you want to stay on the sunny side of the street.

Thanks, Red. frown.gif Are there any other labels you'd like to place on me while you're at it? smile.gif I won't ignore you, Red. I like you and I think you contribute an awful lot to the boards. Like I said, I don't know what to think about all that stuff (and I HAVE read it all). *I* don't have all the answers. But I'm also not going to turn everything into a witch hunt and assume that CS's goal in this giveaway is to deceive and screw everyone. Again, where's your proof? If all you can do is say "connect the dots"....

I can understand if you don't like him - he screwed your friends in the past. Why even read his topics, then?

But with the positive reviews he's gotten from a lot of people, your quest to come to everyone's rescue comes across like a witch hunt. I can see things from your perspective - can you see it from anyone else's? Or is everyone who doesn't see it like you see it "missing it" and on the sunny side of the street? Everyone HAS to take your side in this, or they're wrong?

And speaking of no good deed going unpunished, do you guys realize that this has become so heated because he wanted to GIVE SOMETHING AWAY FOR FREE????

Now I'm almost ready to walk away from this topic... smile.gif Oy vey... flowerred.gifflowerred.gif to all the New Yorkers... smile.gif

You're the doofus that brought it up again. Perhaps you should swallow some of your own advice and stfu next time.

argue.gif

Still that time of month, huh? It's been going on for quite a long time now, I'd suggest seeing a doctor about that... 27_laughing.gif

You're the doofus that brought it up again. Perhaps you should swallow some of your own advice and stfu next time.

argue.gif

Still that time of month, huh? It's been going on for quite a long time now, I'd suggest seeing a doctor about that... 27_laughing.gif

WTF is your problem? You bring it up and then want say that I am starting trouble. Get real. If you don't want to hear it, then you shouldn't have brought it up.

Tilley, even Comic-Keys has a positive feedback. Does that mean he should be trusted to sell authentic comics? Just because some board members have had a positive relationship, doens't mean that nothing bad ever happens.

All Red, myself, and others are saying is that with Russ's history on the boards and with certain board members, he should show a little more honest sales tactics.

His own ad states that winners need to notify Comicsupply to claim prizes, nothing is mentioned that Comicsupply cannot notify the winner that they have won. They are two different actions.