• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

Red, you have to buy something to get into all of our contests. Everyone seems to understand that as its all out there in the open when we start them.

Kinda like McDonalds you have to get a large fry to get the monopoly sticker. makepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif

On another note, how many other online shops give anything away like that? Yeah, I thought so.

How many other online dealers have to resort to this kind of baloney?

Or the Big Mac or Large Drink.

Red, you have to buy something to get into all of our contests. Everyone seems to understand that as its all out there in the open when we start them.

Kinda like McDonalds you have to get a large fry to get the monopoly sticker. makepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif

I don't know, maybe they don't because they don't want to give anything back. But I can't speak for them, as its THEIR business.

On another note, how many other online shops give anything away like that? Yeah, I thought so.

How many other online dealers have to resort to this kind of baloney?

27_laughing.gif

By law, McDonalds must give out the sticker free to people who choose not to pay. No buy in is required...

Jim

Seem's stupid to change them now doesn't it Jim?

Not at all...because it doesn't affect anyone but the winner. All you're doing is SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to give out the grand prize. There is only one. Others are unaffected.

The winner spent money with you. Yet you and Bella are indifferent...says alot...

You're just making excuses now...I wanted to give you the benefit of a doubt but you're making it very hard...

Jim

lol Jim,

I don't think they actually give you the sticker. I think you have to fill out a 3x5 card and mail it in, and then they will mail you a piece. I could be wrong though, I stopped playing when I could never find the Boardwalk.

Nope...you can walk right in and get one. One per visit...

Jim

Last time I checked McDonalds wasn't spamming the boards. And they also post the odds, right? And don't they also specify "No Purchase Necessary?" That makes all the difference. Poor analogy.

Why does it make all the difference? Your beef here isn't that Russell isn't following a specific state's rules on promotional contests (which is where the "No Purchase Necessary" and posting of the odds comes from). You're accusing him, without proof, of hosting a scam contest and demanding that he appease you by posting the winner's name despite the fact that (a) you aren't a customer and (b) other winners of items in the contest have already confirmed that they won.

And still.... flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif27_laughing.gif

Hey, you're the one that brought the comparison to McDonalds into the discussion. I was just pointing out that the comparison was poor in this case.

Scott, you definitely have a blindspot on this one. You are choosing to totally ignore the record that Clive and BellaD established from the day they arrived here. You choose to ignore it, I don't. I think it reveals all. And my "strong suspicions" about this contest would be consistant with the complaints lodged against them, by boardmembers who are not troublemaking hellraisers like me, and whom I respect. Scott, don't go naive on me!!! Can your confidence be bought by a few successfully delivered loads of mylars? I don't believe it.

Well I am not going to change the rules because then that is unfair to the 100's of people who didn't win. Why not give them another chance, or offer it up again?

We both want the person to come forward, but if they don't then it seems fair to us to let everyone have another go at it. As for excuses, we are making none. We are sticking to our original rules and statements.

Seem's stupid to change them now doesn't it Jim?

Not at all...because it doesn't affect anyone but the winner. All you're doing is SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to give out the grnd prize. There is only one. Others are unaffected.

The winner spent money with you. Yet you and Bella are indifferent...says alot...

You're just making excuses now...I wanted to give you the benefit of a doubt but you're making it very hard...

Jim

Well I am not going to change the rules because then that is unfair to the 100's of people who didn't win. Why not give them another chance, or offer it up again?

Bullsh1t. It not unfair to anyone. There is one winner (I hope but am having doubts). This unfair to everyone cr@p only makes you look worse...

We both want the person to come forward, but if they don't then it seems fair to us to let everyone have another go at it.

It appears there are those here that want the winner to get the comic. You're not one of them apparently...

Jim

Last time I checked McDonalds wasn't spamming the boards. And they also post the odds, right? And don't they also specify "No Purchase Necessary?" That makes all the difference. Poor analogy.

Why does it make all the difference? Your beef here isn't that Russell isn't following a specific state's rules on promotional contests (which is where the "No Purchase Necessary" and posting of the odds comes from). You're accusing him, without proof, of hosting a scam contest and demanding that he appease you by posting the winner's name despite the fact that (a) you aren't a customer and (b) other winners of items in the contest have already confirmed that they won.

And still.... flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif27_laughing.gif

Hey, you're the one that brought the comparison to McDonalds into the discussion. I was just pointing out that the comparison was poor in this case.

Scott, you definitely have a blindspot on this one. You are choosing to totally ignore the record that Clive and BellaD established from the day they arrived here. You choose to ignore it, I don't. I think it reveals all. And my "strong suspicions" about this contest would be consistant with the complaints lodged against them, by boardmembers who are not troublemaking hellraisers like me, and whom I respect. Scott, don't go naive on me!!! Can your confidence be bought by a few successfully delivered loads of mylars? I don't believe it.

Nope, no blind spot. I just think you guys are way out of line calling him a scammer, with no proof to back anything up. Like I said, what are you going to do if someone claims the Hulk #181? The deadline isn't even here yet, but you're already dousing him with gasoline and striking the match.

As for my confidence, yes, good customer service, a quality product, competitive pricing, and an easy-to-use website will win it just about every time. confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim,

I guess you fail to see my point.

When I started it, the rules were you had to contact us. When the winning ticket was announced the rules were you had to contact us. When this post started, the rules were you had to contact us. Right now, the rules are you have to contact us.

Thats it, those are the rules. Perhaps next time we will change them to better accomodate, but as of right now, the winner still has to contact us.

We say right there in the rules that if you don't contact us, you forfeit the prize. Plain as day, right there. We never kept it hidden, or kept the rules out. We stated everything right there from day one through now.