• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

Just ignore me pal. You don't order from me, you never will. So don't even look. Or am I like a car wreck to you?

I won't ignore you because I wont let any new visitor to these boards ever confuse you with a straight shooter. Order from you? You got that right!

Now go box some mylars.

FFB, I love you too, man.....but do not let this guy off the hook, just because he hasn't raised your personal set of hackles, or you haven't personally been screwed by him,...yet. I've seen you flay guys alive when it suited you and you felt you had a reason...and I always assume you have a good reason...I mean, what do you call it when you've figuratively reached up some poor postee's assshole and ripped his intestines out,.....corrective surgery??????

I believe CS is misusing the boards. I don't think the Marketplace was meant for these embarassingly transparent scam-contests-sales-etc.

Just to be clear, my love for you is not in a gay way, but in a Viking way. 26_23_3.gif

As for Russell, I have done business with him and have always gotten great prices and excellent service. I have not had any problems buying books, or any of the other problems that Nikos and Chromium had with him.

I am not saying that whatever happened with Nikos in the Dickwad thread (where both Nikos AND Russell acted badly IMO, and I say that even though I like both of them) or with Chromium in his own dealings with Russell were ok or that those guys should start buying from him or whatever. But if I refused to buy or deal with every seller who one of my friends has had a problem with, I wouldn't be buying from Metro, Doug Sulipa, Bob Storms, Ted Van Lieuw, or Mile High Comics and then where would I be? It's not a question for me of "letting him get away with" anything. It's a question of whether I trust Russell to give me the level of service that I expect from any seller, and thus far, he has every time.

Having said all that, I think it's fair when someone has a bad experience for that person to let others know. If it's done on a forum like this one, fine, and especially if the seller is able to come on and give his side of the story. People should know if a seller is not on the up and up.

With the bait-and-switch issue, Russell was able to come on here and try to give his side of the story, and right or wrong, there hasn't been a peep of any bait-and-switch from him since then -- so even if we was doing it, perhaps he realized that it was bad for business and has stopped. Granted, that doesn't make him the paragon of virtue that we'd all like every seller to be, but if you put every comic seller in the world under that microscope, few would emerge smelling like a rose (sorry to mix metaphors). Just wait until we find out someday who has been pressing books and not disclosing it. That'll make ol' Russell here seem like Ghandi, and I'm sure that some of the names of the dealers who have been pressing will read like a Who's Who of the sellers' community.

On the other hand, while I think it's fair for buyers to air disputes and warn others of what has happened, what I don't think is fair is for people to hound him repeatedly in unrelated threads because of past disputes. At some point, the angry former buyer just has to say "OK, I've said my piece, I'm not going to buy from the guy anymore and everyone else knows why and can make their own decision re whether to patronize this seller."

That brings us to this current thread. This thread really isn't about any scam contest. There's no evidence of any scam. It's about a few guys piling on and insinuating things about Russell when you don't really know whether someone is going to claim the Hulk 181 or not. If someone does claim it, will Russell get an apology from everyone who accused him of running a scam? I'm betting not. And since your anger at him isn't really related to the contest at all, why waste the effort creating a fight about it when you're not really sure whether someone is going to claim the prize, like Arex did with the stuff he won?

As for my ripping out intestines, yes, I have done that when I've thought there was a good reason. I don't think I do it all that often, but it has happened (mostly with flame wars with other members having nothing to do with any transaction though). I can't think of the last time I aired dirty laundry with a seller on the boards, except once when I was trying to locate someone who had disappeared with my money and I was asking for help to try to find the guy.

As for whether Russell is misusing the Marketplace, I disagree. First of all, he does contribute in other topics. Do a search of his user name and you'll see that there are quite a few posts by him in the last month alone having nothing to do with any of his sales or his business or whatever.

As for his postings of sales in the Marketplace, I see nothing wrong with that. I know that I, as well as several other members here, like to hear about his sales and have purchased things from him when he's advertised here. If Russell doesn't post as much in other forums as some other users do, that's his right. Arch hasn't set a minimum participation level to use the Marketplace. It's a free forum and Russell is just using it. And he's the only seller I know who sells certain supplies like the Microchamber paper, so for preservation freaks like me, I like to see his ads here. I never would have learned that he had the Microchamber paper for sale if he hadn't.

So that's all I have to say about that. And just so you don't think that I am mad at you, here's another damned flower and a pink cloud!!!! flowerred.gifcloud9.gif

So that's all I have to say about that. And just so you don't think that I am mad at you, here's another damned flower and a pink cloud!!!! flowerred.gifcloud9.gif

I hear you Scott. I just totally disagree with you on this one. If you take, for instance, the six threads that I posted above that CS has started in the last 10 days, I think you'll find few posts of mine. Not exactly working him over, I think. And last time I checked, I didn't start this thread either.

This isn't questioning whether he can successfully deliver 50 sets of mylars and halfbacks to your door without screwing you. Do you think he'd try to mess with you? It'd be suicide!

If CS is going to use the Hulk 181 Giveaway as an attention grabber, and specifically on these boards, then he should make sure that he actually.....gives...away....the.....Hulk.....181. That is my opinion. Just my opinion. There are obviously others who agree about that, and strongly.

He should make sure he gives it away, and documents it, and makes a big showy display of it. Great promotion. But when he goes to great lengths to explain why he probably ...won't quite...be able to give it away this month....it looks terrible. If he could look closely at the content of this thread, he'd actually find some pretty good advice coming from potential buyers who are frankly turned off by the way he presents. If you're going to run your promotions around giveaways and contests....then I think it behooves you to do it in as transparent and upfront a way as possible, otherwise it will backfire and it will look pretty shady. Like it does here. Especially considering what came before. JC is no dummy. I think he nailed it from the start. And CS got caught up in a web of his own misdirection.

Go back and read the Cliff Notes. I wrote them just for you, remember? flowerred.gif

Do you ever run out of fuel?

I told you, if the winner claims the prize, ITS THEIRS. If they don't its NOT. How hard is that? Do I need to make a .JPG file for you to understand it? I don't have to tell you anything, so get off my case. Go back to your designing, and leave the contest running to me ok, great, thanks.

I don't tell you how to design, you don't tell me how to run a business ok, great, thanks.

Really helping your cause here Russ. I think I told you this before in another thread. Your posts say a lot about your business. How you choose to act says a lot to potential customers.

I hear you Scott. I just totally disagree with you on this one.

Fair enough. That's as far as you and I will get to achieving peace in the Middle East on this one. yay.gif

This isn't questioning whether he can successfully deliver 50 sets of mylars and halfbacks to your door without screwing you. Do you think he'd try to mess with you? It'd be suicide!

Damn straight! But I'm not the only one here who has ordered from him and has gotten good prices and service. Lots of people have.

If CS is going to use the Hulk 181 Giveaway as an attention grabber, and specifically on these boards, then he should make sure that he actually.....gives...away....the.....Hulk.....181. That is my opinion. Just my opinion. There are obviously others who agree about that, and strongly.

He should make sure he gives it away, and documents it, and makes a big showy display of it. Great promotion. But when he goes to great lengths to explain why he probably ...won't quite...be able to give it away this month....it looks terrible.

And if he doesn't give it away and then it turns up in one of his ebay auctions or on his site or whatever, then there will be cause to light the torches. But until then, the fairest thing to do is wait and see, I think.

If he could look closely at the content of this thread, he'd actually find some pretty good advice coming from potential buyers who are frankly turned off by the way he presents.

I agree. There was some good advice. But the way that some of the advisors presented it wasn't exactly constructive. "You are a scammer if you don't do X, Y, and Z, so do X, Y, and Z right now, SCAMMER" is not the way to get someone to listen to feedback.

If you're going to run your promotions around giveaways and contests....then I think it behooves you to do it in as transparent and upfront a way as possible, otherwise it will backfire and it will look pretty shady.

Yes. See? We don't TOTALLY disagree. 27_laughing.gif

JC is no dummy.

And here we are disagreeing again. Christo_pull_hair.gifstooges.gif

I think he nailed it from the start. And CS got caught up in a web of his own misdirection.

Go back and read the Cliff Notes. I wrote them just for you, remember? flowerred.gif

I can't, I'm too busy ordering some mylars and fullbacks and stuff! yay.gif

You're just saying that to annoy me! 27_laughing.gif

You're just saying that to annoy me! 27_laughing.gif

No, I really am short some Golden Age mylars and full backs and I am short some silver age full backs too. I put all of my Spideys in 4 mil mylars (even the moderns blush.gif) and just bought my first GA superhero book! yay.gif Batman #52 raw in about VF- 7.5 with fire-engine red cover inks!!! cloud9.gif And you really can't beat CS for the price and shipping cost compared to Gerber. confused-smiley-013.gif