• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

Just for the record, my eBay auctions HAVE NEVER SAID NO RETURNS!!!!!

I addressed him about the books in my 30 minute conversation prior to him sending them to me and for his ad on Ebay said no returns just figured it the cost of doing business,my mistake I guess.

Davidking623

For the Record in this auction it also doesnt say Returns Accepted or anything like that and also lists at the bottom of sellers payment instructions Certain Items Returnable.So who knows for sure back then.

Comic Supply Old Auction

Davidking623

Just for the record, my eBay auctions HAVE NEVER SAID NO RETURNS!!!!!

I addressed him about the books in my 30 minute conversation prior to him sending them to me and for his ad on Ebay said no returns just figured it the cost of doing business,my mistake I guess.

Davidking623

For the Record in this auction it also doesnt say Returns Accepted or anything like that and also lists at the bottom of sellers payment instructions Certain Items Returnable.So who knows for sure back then.

Comic Supply Old Auction

Davidking623

So you paid $50 for comics you felt were grossly overgraded and you never contacted the seller? Did you leave negative feedback on ebay to back your claim? You never know you might have the wrong guy here.

Oh yeah, well thats a little different than NO RETURNS... don't you think?

That's VERY different from saying "no returns". Almost sounds like someone has been content to play the victim all this time (yet still hold and nurse a grudge). I don't understand why you just didn't contact him and at least see if you could work something out (if it even was Russ, which may not be the case).

Well, maybe he figured that he would wait 2 years, just in case I ever started a site, and just in case I came on these message boards, and THEN he would get his revenge... just in case.

I am going to start holding my breath for that girl in the 3rd grade to return my valentine card.

Well, maybe he figured that he would wait 2 years, just in case I ever started a site, and just in case I came on these message boards, and THEN he would get his revenge... just in case.I am going to start holding my breath for that girl in the 3rd grade to return my valentine card.
It was last june when I tried to paypal you 2 times but you were over the 1000.00 sending limit and denied the payment twice and made the whole transaction a little bit of a pain so I had to send you a money order or a personal check to get the books so It was 9 months ago.I guess I was off with the time of the deal but certainly the right seller and amount being real close.

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to view supersized image

003d71c1" BORDER="0

Free counters provided by Vendio

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

Get simple, reliable, and affordable image hosting with Vendio today!

Davidking623

This was 9 months ago! That is what I know and why I didnt return them!

Davidking623

But why didn't you say something when you got the books? If someone sold me $50 worth of books that were supposed to be NM/M and they were VF-, I'd have said something. How hard is it to send an email or make a phone call? And since you still have the books, how about some scans so that we can see the VF-s?

I have selectively called into question CS's presence here on the boards, because he chooses to treat the Marketplace as his personal promotional tool to the exclusion of any other type of contribution to the discussions on the boards.

As I see it, the Marketplace is not ostensibly commercial in nature, and is a place where board members can informally list items for sale, along with want lists. Guys like Vincent post occasional announcements regarding thier sales and updates to their website, but they also contribute volumes in other ways. Mostly what CS wants us to do, other than buy his mylars and boards, is to grade his comics for him. What a contributor!!

My problems with CS began with the low road he and his wife took in the Dickwad Seller of the Week thread. There was ample evidence in that thread that Clive/Russ/Roberts357 has no problem using the classic "bait and switch" methods of salesmanship. This also including the clear pulling of auctions when the prices didn't meet his expectations. This was pretty disturbing to begin with.

When Nikos and Chrome both added their bad experiences with him, and an examination of his negative feedback on Ebay (and the feedback he left) was made, it was even more obvious to me that these were not "isolated incidents".

When he crawled back onto the boards in his latest incarnation, he came with a new name, a new account and soon created a couple of shill accounts purely for the purpose of pimping his own business here on the boards.

Since then he has treated the boards like the personal advertising arm of his little mylar empire.

Without the pileup of all these previous factors, I wouldn't give a hoot about his little contests. But to me, the pattern is indelible, and it burns me to see him starting thread after thread announcing his stupid sales and phantom giveaways.

Of course he has the right to run his contests his own way. But if he wants to avoid a watchful eye, he should go out a PAY FOR SOME ADVERTISING ON A COMMERCIAL BOARD!!!!!!

FFB, I love you too, man.....but do not let this guy off the hook, just because he hasn't raised your personal set of hackles, or you haven't personally been screwed by him,...yet. I've seen you flay guys alive when it suited you and you felt you had a reason...and I always assume you have a good reason...I mean, what do you call it when you've figuratively reached up some poor postee's assshole and ripped his intestines out,.....corrective surgery??????

I believe CS is misusing the boards. I don't think the Marketplace was meant for these embarassingly transparent scam-contests-sales-etc.

Go buy some ad space, and stop cluttering up the Marketplace with this Krap!

If you choose to continue to use them in this way, then consider it only fair game when I seriously question the honesty and the validity of your business practices. I am not doing this for my amusement or because I "need a hobby". I am doing this because I think you an ethically ambiguous person, with sloppy business practices who is doing classic bait-and-switch advertising, basically non-stop, on a non-commercial board.

And by the way Red, I didn't start this post. I post a new thread about 1-2 times per week. That is hardly cluttering when this area gets about 15-20 new threads per day.

24 Threads in the marketplace today have received new replies, and 1 was this one.

This was 9 months ago! That is what I know and why I didnt return them!

Davidking623

But why didn't you say something when you got the books? If someone sold me $50 worth of books that were supposed to be NM/M and they were VF-, I'd have said something. How hard is it to send an email or make a phone call? And since you still have the books, how about some scans so that we can see the VF-s?

Unfortunately! The books are sold and are gone now my loss is 30.00 dollars somewhere.I had his phone number when I talked with him before I sent him the money and when I recieved the books.If I posted the scan it would really be a guess and really not worth the look without be 100 percent sure.I probably should have said something but didnt,my bad.

Davidking623

I have selectively called into question CS's presence here on the boards, because he chooses to treat the Marketplace as his personal promotional tool to the exclusion of any other type of contribution to the discussions on the boards.

As I see it, the Marketplace is not ostensibly commercial in nature, and is a place where board members can informally list items for sale, along with want lists. Guys like Vincent post occasional announcements regarding thier sales and updates to their website, but they also contribute volumes in other ways. Mostly what CS wants us to do, other than buy his mylars and boards, is to grade his comics for him. What a contributor!!

My problems with CS began with the low road he and his wife took in the Dickwad Seller of the Week thread. There was ample evidence in that thread that Clive/Russ/Roberts357 has no problem using the classic "bait and switch" methods of salesmanship. This also including the clear pulling of auctions when the prices didn't meet his expectations. This was pretty disturbing to begin with.

When Nikos and Chrome both added their bad experiences with him, and an examination of his negative feedback on Ebay (and the feedback he left) was made, it was even more obvious to me that these were not "isolated incidents".

When he crawled back onto the boards in his latest incarnation, he came with a new name, a new account and soon created a couple of shill accounts purely for the purpose of pimping his own business here on the boards.

Since then he has treated the boards like the personal advertising arm of his little mylar empire.

Without the pileup of all these previous factors, I wouldn't give a hoot about his little contests. But to me, the pattern is indelible, and it burns me to see him starting thread after thread announcing his stupid sales and phantom giveaways.

Of course he has the right to run his contests his own way. But if he wants to avoid a watchful eye, he should go out a PAY FOR SOME ADVERTISING ON A COMMERCIAL BOARD!!!!!!

FFB, I love you too, man.....but do not let this guy off the hook, just because he hasn't raised your personal set of hackles, or you haven't personally been screwed by him,...yet. I've seen you flay guys alive when it suited you and you felt you had a reason...and I always assume you have a good reason...I mean, what do you call it when you've figuratively reached up some poor postee's assshole and ripped his intestines out,.....corrective surgery??????

I believe CS is misusing the boards. I don't think the Marketplace was meant for these embarassingly transparent scam-contests-sales-etc.

Go buy some ad space, and stop cluttering up the Marketplace with this Krap!

If you choose to continue to use them in this way, then consider it only fair game when I seriously question the honesty and the validity of your business practices. I am not doing this for my amusement or because I "need a hobby". I am doing this because I think you an ethically ambiguous person, with sloppy business practices who is doing classic bait-and-switch advertising, basically non-stop, on a non-commercial board.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif I couldn't agree more.

And by the way Red, I didn't start this post. I post a new thread about 1-2 times per week.

How 'bout 6 in the last 10 days.........

March 9: Daily Deal: 30-80% Off Guide ComicSupply

March 6: 5 Hours Only. Coupon here good for $6 Off ComicSupply.com

March 5: Anyone interested in this? Preview of some Golden stuff. LIST 1

March 4: Free Shipping: ComicSupply.com and Win COMICS for a YEAR Contest!!!

March 4: Huge Uncanny X-Men Lot on eBay. #16-378 Some Gaps, but MORE!

Feb 28: Monthly Contest Winners Announced at ComicSupply.com

Give it a friggin' rest!

And by the way Red, I didn't start this post. I post a new thread about 1-2 times per week.

How 'bout 6 in the last 10 days.........

March 9: Daily Deal: 30-80% Off Guide ComicSupply

March 6: 5 Hours Only. Coupon here good for $6 Off ComicSupply.com

March 5: Anyone interested in this? Preview of some Golden stuff. LIST 1

March 4: Free Shipping: ComicSupply.com and Win COMICS for a YEAR Contest!!!

March 4: Huge Uncanny X-Men Lot on eBay. #16-378 Some Gaps, but MORE!

Feb 28: Monthly Contest Winners Announced at ComicSupply.com

Give it a friggin' rest!

SO TRUE!!

Davidking623