• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oldest, most memorable comic..
1 1

54 posts in this topic

That is FANTASTIC!!!!

Lovely looking book...care to share a story,friend?

Not my copy.

It’s the comicbook that started it all for me. My parents got it for me when I was three-and-a-bit years old, and turned me into a lifelong X-Men fan as a result.

First comic for me was Transformers #1, 2 and 3 from a 3 pack. I was 11 or 12 at the time as I don't recall exactly when I got it. But I do remember getting it at a grocery store. Still have my copy too.

l8Iqi9X.jpg

My first superhero comic was Iron Man #208 from '86. Bought it at a gas station near my home, seeing the missiles and a guy in armor on the cover and thinking "this looks cool, I better get it." If I remember correctly shell head was fighting AIM in this issue. That gas station became my comics go to that summer, until I found a comic book shop in the next town over. Not a lot of comic shops in Iowa back in the 80s. Collected steadily from then up till 1999.

Bvoydfg.jpg

Edited by FutureFlash

It's a tossup between X-Men 1 and Fantastic Four 22

I remembered both of them pretty much panel-for-panel when I bought them again as an adult.

There's a Fox and Crow story that I STILL haven't found again that I remember almost as well.

Do you guys collect those comics? I have been purchasing newer copies of those I remember reading as a child. Every time I see one in the wild that I'd forgotten all about it brings back memories.. I seriously get goosebumps.. Its like reuniting with an old friend

I get some here & there, it's always a totally nostalgic experience and I thoroughly enjoy it.

My dad came home one day from Price Club with a bulk pack of DC comics. This is one of the first ones I remember opening:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_66

I have a page original art from this issue, which was a cool Christmas gift from my parents in the late 90s. Never read the actual book, but it's my first page of original art!

There is an old DC that I remember having some time around the mid-1970s, It is a Superman comic and I'm positive (I think I am, may be misremembering) that it had Superman carring Lois Lane in a wedding dress. It should be a 25c comic, but I have gone over all the DC covers I can think of (Action,Adventure,Superman, Worlds Finest,, Superman Family) and I can't seem to find the cover I'm looking for. I would love to pick up a copy of the comic in question. Anyone have any ideas? It is not Action 484 btw. Possible a splash page?

There is an old DC that I remember having some time around the mid-1970s, It is a Superman comic and I'm positive (I think I am, may be misremembering) that it had Superman carring Lois Lane in a wedding dress. It should be a 25c comic, but I have gone over all the DC covers I can think of (Action,Adventure,Superman, Worlds Finest,, Superman Family) and I can't seem to find the cover I'm looking for. I would love to pick up a copy of the comic in question. Anyone have any ideas? It is not Action 484 btw. Possible a splash page?

One of these maybe?

E3EE6033-5158-4B38-B2E1-CA4624451671.jpg

C5D02B2E-4574-49A6-9786-75F208A599F8.jpg