• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"x" copies available

9 posts in this topic

If you are a dealer, and you list a comic on ebay with more than 1 copy available, do you send them out according to any system? Such as, the 'best' copy goes first ... or the worst of the bunch goes first ... or no particular rhyme or reason?

It's not uncommon to see these listings, and I'm just wondering if I should steer clear or if I'm just being paranoid. (Condition is always an issue)

Mike

I am learning that we all have different ideas about which copy is the best copy. I sold some books to a boardie who then saw other copies I had and wondered why I had not sent him the best ones as he ordered first...I thought that I had! I would prefer spine roll over corner dings but he felt differently.

Just communicate what you want with the seller and see what response you get back.

As a seller I would stay away from listing in quantity, I always show multiple images of the exact book the buyer is getting. Doing anything else in my opinion sets you up for claims and other problems and the time savings is not worth damaging my seller account or reputation.

I never list in quantity either, as you're competing with yourself (unless they're vastly different in grade). It's better for customers to see you have just one of any issue so the sense of urgency to purchase is still in the back of their mind.

I would hope if you are advertising them as the same grade that they would all be that grade.

Is every VF in your collection exactly the same? Even in numbers, it could be anywhere from a 77 to an 82, but its given an 80 grade.

List a batch, send a batch.

Otherwise list them individually with large scans and detailed descriptions. Right?

-----------

Edit: One other comment. This is mainly Con wall displays, but eBay too...

If I've decided to buy a particular issue, really, really want one, a group display/offering can have an instant chilling effect. Maybe that reaction is unique to me. I don't know. But it goes like this...

'Well, damn. Here I am struggling to buy just one and this guy has eight of 'em. Buying them wholesale probably. Do I really need one right now? Maybe I should wait.'

That's the last reaction a seller wants a customer having at point-of-sale. So be careful. Quantity may squash urgency. Just saying.

List a batch, send a batch.

Otherwise list them individually with large scans and detailed descriptions. Right?

-----------

Edit: One other comment. This is mainly Con wall displays, but eBay too...

If I've decided to buy a particular issue, really, really want one, a group display/offering can have an instant chilling effect. Maybe that reaction is unique to me. I don't know. But it goes like this...

'Well, damn. Here I am struggling to buy just one and this guy has eight of 'em. Buying them wholesale probably. Do I really need one right now? Maybe I should wait.'

That's the last reaction a seller wants a customer having at point-of-sale. So be careful. Quantity may squash urgency. Just saying.

+1

I used to think I wanted a IH 181 until I saw that motor city had a stack of about 20 of them at a show last year. I actually flipped the one I bought a few months back.