• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books do you see as basically worthless (not even worth a dime)?

103 posts in this topic

Bronze Atlas. I have a big stack of them.

i think the inquiry is not whether you think books are junk, but whether they are worthless. the atlas books sell. not for a ton, but NM copies certainly sell and some lower too.

They may be nearly worthless but you should see the great response I got when I dropped off 10 long boxes at the library today. Library manager came out and wanted to know if they should get them appraised and sell them to a comic shop since he assumed they must be worth a ton. Even if they get a quarter a piece at their upcoming book sale they will get some good cash for them all.

There are fans for EVERY title listed in this thread. (Well, maybe not NFL Superpro, lol )

I'll buy literally anything not beat to pieces at ten bucks a longbox, and alphanumeric I'd go $15 or $20. If you glean through and take the drek to a one day show and it's in order, people will flock to you table, looking for the fill in issues at 50 cents or a buck a book.

Milk it until you get your money back out, wholesale to another dealer who works in another locale, or better still, trade their stock for your stock and put out fresh dollar books at the next show. Lather, rinse, repeat, dump them back out at $10 a long box or $15 for alphanumerical.

Lots of work, but you break even or make money, and have the stuff you pulled out originally for free.

Malibu has already been mentioned several times but the clear winner is...

Ferret die-cut cover.

s-l1000.jpg

very cool

I once bought a long-box with 50 of these beauties

wasn't there a Neal Adams die-cut too?

Ferret die-cut cover.

s-l1000.jpg

very cool

As a northerner, a super-hero called The Ferret just sounds wrong. Even if, as a joke, he operated out of, say, Huddersfield.

Check my B.O. thread in the latest VCC hall. I listed comic LOTS (up to 5 or 6 books per) for 10CENTS a lot. I got a few takers, but mostly crickets. After the VCC was over I was able to get rid of the remainders to some sucker astute buyer. :baiting:

That being said, I guess most of the books listed weren't worth the 10 cent asking price :cry:

Ferret die-cut cover.

s-l1000.jpg

very cool

As a northerner, a super-hero called The Ferret just sounds wrong. Even if, as a joke, he operated out of, say, Huddersfield.

lol

actually there was a 1950s Yorkshire super-hero called "The Whippet" who was always looking for adventure in the nearest ginnel

Check my B.O. thread in the latest VCC hall. I listed comic LOTS (up to 5 or 6 books per) for 10CENTS a lot. I got a few takers, but mostly crickets. After the VCC was over I was able to get rid of the remainders to some sucker astute buyer. :baiting:

That being said, I guess most of the books listed weren't worth the 10 cent asking price :cry:

\They'd sell for 10 cents each but people don't wanna pay the shipping.

For me Young Blood and Brigade and the dreggiest of the dregs. Image sure put out a ton of . Seems they're in every collection and never sell. I keep a long box of drek to hand out at Halloween but I can't give them away fast enough.