• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books do you see as basically worthless (not even worth a dime)?

103 posts in this topic

While sifting thru 70 long boxes of primarily early 90s drek I've had to figure out which books are nearly worthless and which are at least possible sellers. I've designated Malibu books as instant donations while holding on to the Valiant stuff. Most of the Image books are being shipped off to the library where as the Spiderman books are being kept.

From your vantage point what books are not even worth $0.10 to anyone? Some people may consider all 90s as "worthless" but if you had to pick books to give away which ones would you pick?

Legends of the Dark Knight 1. Those colour covers give me the shivers

Good one. I thought about keeping all Batman books since a kid may pay $1 at a con for a Bat book but who wants the off-brand issues like Legends of the Dark Knight. I also thru almost all the Excalibur issues into the donate pile. People are looking for certain X-Men issues but who is looking for Excalibur issues?

My experience: just about all mid-80s to present Marvel & DC will sell in runs / sets / bulk if priced cheaply - but certainly would not sell even at 1p if listed individually

The most worthless titles appear to be -

90s Image books (always loads in every collection I buy - infested with them)

Later Valiants

Malibu (yuk)

Unfortunately, a lot of the quality 1980s indie (First, Pacific etc) / Epic / 90s Vertigo books are also very low valued... with a few exceptions

However, in every pile of drek, there may be a diamond, as below...

ba12_zpsjmbfpsex.jpg

My experience: just about all mid-80s to present Marvel & DC will sell in runs / sets / bulk if priced cheaply - but certainly would not sell even at 1p if listed individually

The most worthless titles appear to be -

90s Image books (always loads in every collection I buy - infested with them)

Later Valiants

Malibu (yuk)

Unfortunately, a lot of the quality 1980s indie (First, Pacific etc) / Epic / 90s Vertigo books are also very low valued... with a few exceptions

However, in every pile of drek, there may be a diamond, as below...

ba12_zpsjmbfpsex.jpg

You need to get that Flintstones comic off the floor and never take it out of its bag and board…can't believe you'd leave a diamond like that out and about!