• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12-13 CLIFTON COMIC BOOK EXPO-HOLIDAY EVENT-CHARITY AUCTION

27 posts in this topic

Sun December 13th

Come join us at the longest running monthly comic book show in America at our annual Holiday Event!

At the Clifton Recreation Center, 1232 Main Ave, Clifton, NJ 07011

Admission is free as always!

Show hours 10-4.

The best dealers in the northeast with hundreds of thousands of comics for sale. We have everything from Golden Age to this week's current comics. Hot titles, variant editions and investment grade CGC books, too. Don't miss our unbeatable selection of comics for serious collectors and thousands of bargain comics for beginners or folks that just love to be able to buy tons and not break the bank… supplies and some toys too!

Our December show is always the biggest of the year! Our friend Brian Ketterer sponsors it and wants us to pack in as many dealers as we can!

Guest creators are Rick Man and Paul Castiglia.

We will have two no minimum bid auctions… one is our usual, the other is for charity… This year, that charity is Superheroes For Hospice!

Every dealer will be contributing something for the auction… and the charity itself will be bringing three very cool high grade keys…

Amazing Spiderman 300

New Mutants 98

Batman Adventures 12

This is your chance to get a great deal and do a good deed at the same time!

Seeya at the show,

JP

Don’t forget to check out our website: www.njcomicbookshows.com

…and “Like us” on Facebook at NJ Comic Book Shows

Upcoming shows:

Wayne 12/27

Clifton 1/10

Hasbrouck Heights 1/24

The dealer list for the show will include:

Ray Rollings

Dave's American Comics

Cosmic Comics Harrisburg

Alan Schoenberger

Mike Ciccone

Joe Eacobacci

Heroes For Hospice

Dan and Mary Campbell

Mike Dicarl

Big Dude Comics

Walsh Brothers

Mike Maltzman

Bazooka Jeff's Batcave

Zapp Comics

Dwayne Best

Wild Bill's Comics

Comic Book Heaven

Steve Delorenzo

The Encounter

Fanboy Delights

Dan Gallo

Stu Bishop

Comic Collision

Bruno Ruchalski

New World Manga

Zack's Toys

Frank Torres

Frank Grembowiec

Pug Productions

Gary Platt

and...

High Grade Comics!

If you can't find something at this show, you're just not looking...

what time is the charity auction? I came up once for a "legendary 12 noon auction" or something like that and there was no such thing at the show.

There is always an auction. Maybe it was pushed to 1pm.

I have to take the day off from work for this show....

Like I said, I went early...waited until noon or whenever the auction was announced for and nothing. Kept walking and around and looking things over and after getting yelled at to buy something (by the guy from LI who closed his shop a few years ago) my friend and I left rather than wonder what was going on. It was a good 30 minutes after announced auction time. We each drove 30-45 minutes but vowed not to do so again after that.

If you push it back and there are no announcements and no signs or anything, how would anyone know? The room is not large enough to hold people for an extra hour.

In any event, have a good show.

Well the guy who did it seemed known for this type of thing.

Not a big deal as it was funny more than anything else. It is the guy with the YouTube video about his store closing

Like I said, I went early...waited until noon or whenever the auction was announced for and nothing. Kept walking and around and looking things over and after getting yelled at to buy something (by the guy from LI who closed his shop a few years ago) my friend and I left rather than wonder what was going on. It was a good 30 minutes after announced auction time. We each drove 30-45 minutes but vowed not to do so again after that.

If you push it back and there are no announcements and no signs or anything, how would anyone know? The room is not large enough to hold people for an extra hour.

I do apologize for Joe from Long Island. He can be a bit abrasive, but when somebody is in their late 80's, I tend to give them a pass. I do wish you would have asked where the organizer was. I would have liked to meet you. Since I run the show solo, and the auction as well, I can be tied up occasionally. Was it Clifton that you came to, or one of the hotel shows? The hotel shows are smaller, but with over 60 tables at Clifton (the vast majority of which actually have comic books) many customers spend the better part of the day browsing. Again, I apologize for you not having a positive experience. JP

I do apologize for Joe from Long Island. He can be a bit abrasive, but when somebody is in their late 80's, I tend to give them a pass. I do wish you would have asked where the organizer was. I would have liked to meet you. Since I run the show solo, and the auction as well, I can be tied up occasionally. Was it Clifton that you came to, or one of the hotel shows? The hotel shows are smaller, but with over 60 tables at Clifton (the vast majority of which actually have comic books) many customers spend the better part of the day browsing. Again, I apologize for you not having a positive experience. JP

Thanks, it wasn't a BAD experience per se. certainly not worth complaining about or asking for the organizer. It was definitely Joe and I gave him a pass as well. It was a hotel one, I believe the first one Anthony Snyder attended after a long absence.

Well, at least now I know the Clifton shows are bigger!

You were yelled at to buy something? I have never heard of that happening in 10 years of attending this show.
I guess you don't remember the days before I banned Brad Savage ;)

Ahhhh the good old days :whee:

You were yelled at to buy something? I have never heard of that happening in 10 years of attending this show.
I guess you don't remember the days before I banned Brad Savage ;)

Ahhhh the good old days :whee:

Brad and I always got along so.....

Thanks, it wasn't a BAD experience per se. certainly not worth complaining about or asking for the organizer. It was definitely Joe and I gave him a pass as well. It was a hotel one, I believe the first one Anthony Snyder attended after a long absence.

Well, at least now I know the Clifton shows are bigger!

If you would like to get a feel for what the Clifton show is like, this is an unsolicited video review done by a customer who discovered us a couple of years ago...