• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEIRD MYSTERIES # 5 always in DEMAND

4 posts in this topic

Well, here we have a low grade copy of WeIrd Mysteries # 5 with chipping on the top of the cover and it STILL sells for $585....here is a link to the completed auction I'll tell you what , that is DEFENITELY one of the top five classic Horror Covers ( anybody do that thread yet ?) I took the undersized ebay pic and resized it and tried to focus it a bit....that's alot of bread for a book in that shape...Here is the pic.....

wm55wz.jpg

I saw this auction. I've mentioned many times how much I love this comic book, both the cover and the interior stories (particularly the great Wolverton "Swamp Monster" story). And I also have talked extensively about how tough this book is to locate. However, there's no way I would have spent nearly $600 on a 2 feedback seller for this copy. The chipping is only part of the problem. The book appears to have warping on the right side, possibly from humidity damage. I expected this book to sell for about $250-$300.... I think the selling price is way too high.