• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Witzend, Wolverton Bible, Private Life of a Private, Life 1944 Mauldin

12 posts in this topic

I'm going to try offering some more eclectic stuff in this thread. Questions, comments and offers are always encouraged. Shipping is included in the price. 7 Day return. Paypal, Check, MO are all OK.

Witzend 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 - All are VGF except #7 which is G (tape on the spine). Frazetta, Ditko, Wood, Jones, Bode. $80 $70 shipped for the lot

001_zpse1svauxk.jpg

March 27, 1944 Life Magazine - I wouldn't normally offer something like this here, but this issue has a three page article by Sgt. Bill Mauldin - "How GI Joe Was Born." It is interesting for any fan of Mauldin's Willie and Joe. There is also a three page article (with pictures :) ) about pin-up photography. $12 $10 shipped.

007_zps4zoz4uwz.jpg

That six volume set of Bible Stories with Wolverton art is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Shrevvy's volume is from the original printing, mid-Sixties. Volums 1 through 4 are chock full of remarkable Wolverton illustrations, Vols 5 & 6 are a little thinner but still well worth pursuing

The whole series was reprinted in the Seventies with a color front cover, illustrating a scene the Noah's Ark story, also well worth the pursuit. That's the set I have on my bookshelves.

If you're the least bit interested in Basil Wolverton, this series is a MUST HAVE.

The Private Life of a Private - I don't know much about this. I got it in a lot of war comics. It is mostly comics with some humorous text stories about life as a private. Published 1944. $10 shipped.

004_zpschctb1qv.jpg

006_zpscmvca65t.jpg

Tough to pass up at that price. :takeit:

I lowered prices on what is left. Here is a pic from Witzend #8. It is the opening page of a 10-page Frazetta story adapting Poe's The City in the Sea. It if full of great b&w Frazetta illustrations. It is the reason I originally bought this lot of books.

002_zpsv5m7d0tx.jpg