• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books are autoslabs?

11 posts in this topic

in a very general way, anything that will net you a 4x-5x return on investment after grading costs and the cost of the book seems like an auto slab situation to me if you like selling books for profit. Of course you need to build some cushion because of grading variances.

But if your preference is to have raw books, then zero books.

So really, its about your collecting preferences, your aversion to risk, your grading skills, how much your book cost you, your desired return on investment, your knowledge of the market in terms of how much you think you can sell it for (and how fast).

What books if you find them in the raw do you consider slabbing asap regardless of the grade?

Unique comics, ones that no one else may have.

Whitman variants that I think are scarce.

What books if you find them in the raw do you consider slabbing asap regardless of the grade?

I might add to the previous comments that any book where small increments in grade means big increments in money is a good candidate.

Also associated with the above -- any book where knowing if there is restoration affects the value big time.