• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All New Wolverine 11/11/15

24 posts in this topic

All-New Wolverine (2015) #1

Published: November 11, 2015

Writer: Tom Taylor

Cover Artist: Bengal

LAURA KINNEY EMBRACES HER DESTINY. HERE! COMES! WOLVERINE! X-23 was created to be a weapon and for a time, that's all she was. But with the help of her mentor, LOGAN-the original WOLVERINE-she escaped that dark past. Tragically, Logan has fallen, but Laura will continue in his footsteps as a hero. Recent events have her doing everything in her power to keep those around her alive, as violent forces are hell-bent on mutual destruction. If anyone can stop them, it's Laura. She is the best there is at what she does. She is THE ALL-NEW WOLVERINE.

Welcome your reviews and thoughts!

Here's the JSC Sketch Variant from The Cargo Hold! There is also a Local Comic Shop Day Sketch Variant (500 Print Run)!

All%20New%20Wolverine%201%20JSC%20Sketch_zps35pcvzoe.jpg

With this book being her 1st full appearance of as Wolverine it may come down to the most desirable cover with the lowest print run. So with a 500 copy print run, yeah, I'd say there will be a few regrets when this one becomes a little more popular.

I actually have read the 1st 2 issues, and

Taskmaster as a villain for Laura should be fun.

1st Appearance cover belongs to the ANADMPO#1 Marquez Variant.

scan0010.jpg

Knowledge bombs.

I just bought it for the awesome JSC cover. lol

Speaking of the OA is for that piece above is available for sale for 12k . :o

I saw it for sale when it came out for 4k.... where is it listed now?!? I'm thinking it was bought from cadence art and is being resold???

I saw it for sale when it came out for 4k.... where is it listed now?!? I'm thinking it was bought from cadence art and is being resold???

4k seems pretty low.

Just saw it listed on CAF under Campbell's verified account. It's for 13k now.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1266996

I really dug the first 2 issues.

And those Cargo Hold (color & B/W) variants are great looking variants. I grabbed them both & don't regret it at all.

I don't really care for the LCSD variant tho. Not sure why. I like the cover better colored with those pencils, while I like the JSC variants equally colored and b/w.

But I really like the DMX homage hip-hop variant for this one. It's so perfect for the character & the look.

You must have been looking at something else, JSC isn't repped by Cadence. He sells his pieces himself and no where near $4k.

X-23 is my favorite character and my sole comic collecting focus, so naturally I was all over a new solo series. I have some issues with how Marvel have been handling the character, but putting those aside then ANW has been good so far.

But I really like the DMX homage hip-hop variant for this one. It's so perfect for the character & the look.

That cover was love at first sight for me. I was fortunate enough to be able to work out a deal with the artist for the OA, which is a 24x24 acrylic painting. :cloud9:

eEVV67Jk_1011151647391.jpg

With this book being her 1st full appearance of as Wolverine it may come down to the most desirable cover with the lowest print run. So with a 500 copy print run, yeah, I'd say there will be a few regrets when this one becomes a little more popular.

scan0010.jpg

Knowledge bombs.

Alright, I'm finding it hard to keep up in my old age. Is this female wolverine a different female wolverine than this:

http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_ii/originalimage/3061592.jpg :ohnoez:

Alright, I'm finding it hard to keep up in my old age. Is this female wolverine a different female wolverine than this:

The image you linked is the same character; X-23. She was cloned from Logan and has been around under that name for a little over 10 years now. After his recent death, she is now taking up the name Wolverine in the ANAD Marvel universe.

The image you linked is the same character; X-23. She was cloned from Logan and has been around under that name for a little over 10 years now. After his recent death, she is now taking up the name Wolverine in the ANAD Marvel universe.

Ok, so I'm not totally off my rocker lol , so wouldn't the Wolverines #3 variant be her first cover as Wolverine, or is she not yet Wolverine in Wolverines 3?

Ok, so I'm not totally off my rocker lol , so wouldn't the Wolverines #3 variant be her first cover as Wolverine, or is she not yet Wolverine in Wolverines 3?

Correct, she was still X-23 in that book. At that point she had just recently put blue and yellow streaks in her hair to honor Logan after his death as you can see. The Wolverines series ended just as Secret Wars started up and Laura/X-23 did not figure in that event. So we really don't have any details on when/why during the timeskip she decided to take the name Wolverine and start wearing a version of Logan's old costume.

Knowledge bombs.

Similar to the All New Marvel Now Point One Kamala Khan issue. Still only about a $13 book with shipping and let's not forget it had a $5.99 cover price.

Correct, she was still X-23 in that book. At that point she had just recently put blue and yellow streaks in her hair to honor Logan after his death as you can see. The Wolverines series ended just as Secret Wars started up and Laura/X-23 did not figure in that event. So we really don't have any details on when/why during the timeskip she decided to take the name Wolverine and start wearing a version of Logan's old costume.

Thanks man (thumbs u

fa87a4aa3343c8063a073e8f11be03b29c8f12e7e1973f5b4f6808bf4e0760fd_zpsieg1xzxg.jpg

You must have been looking at something else, JSC isn't repped by Cadence. He sells his pieces himself and no where near $4k.

It was the Bengal cover... Mistake