• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good place to look for a centerfold?

19 posts in this topic

I am new to this forum, so please - no eye rolling over perceived "stupid questions" :)

I recently acquired a copy of Batman #6 and it is missing the centerfold. What is a fair price to pay for this? There are a few more books in the collection with missing CF's. Is this a good place to start?

I am new to this forum, so please - no eye rolling over perceived "stupid questions" :)

I recently acquired a copy of Batman #6 and it is missing the centerfold. What is a fair price to pay for this? There are a few more books in the collection with missing CF's. Is this a good place to start?

And yes, I can think of fewer better places to start. Try the "Want To Buy" section - post an ad with details of what you want and see what sort of response you get :foryou:

1. Just skip past the quibbling about the centerfold/center wrap arguing.

2. I would make a post in the WTB thread (Want to Buy) here

3. I would also hang out in the Golden Age forum here . Lots of dealers and collectors who might be able to help you out finding your centerfold to marry to your book.

4. Speaking of marrying...Here's the I Wanna Get Married thread where people post and look for parts of golden age books they are trying to piece together.

sorry for the helpful post, back to the ridiculousness...

When I was in a similar situation I ended up buying a coverless on eBay. Actually, I was the second highest bidder. I contacted the high bidder who had also purchased the comic for a wrap but a different one than I wanted. We split the cost. I am sure that can't be done today. But be patient. A coverless Batman #6 will show up on eBay.

When I was in a similar situation I ended up buying a coverless on eBay. Actually, I was the second highest bidder. I contacted the high bidder who had also purchased the comic for a wrap but a different one than I wanted. We split the cost. I am sure that can't be done today. But be patient. A coverless Batman #6 will show up on eBay.

I could imagine a similar sort of agreement being worked out here on the GA boards, you cant be the only person in need of parts for a Batman 6!

Serious answers out of the way? Good!

You can find centerfolds in Playboy (not much longer though), Penthouse, Hustler...and a whole bunch of other magazines I've never heard of that should be going extinct.

Centerfold or center wrap are interchangeable terms.

Your best bet for a GA book is to look in the GA forum. There is a thread called "I wanna get married" that is dedicated to locating pieces of comics.

Here is the link to the thread. You might want to skim the thread in case someone offered a Batman #6 interior.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8677866&fpart=1

Another guy to talk to is board member catrick339 . He likes bits and pieces.

Good luck!

1. Just skip past the quibbling about the centerfold/center wrap arguing.

2. I would make a post in the WTB thread (Want to Buy) here

3. I would also hang out in the Golden Age forum here . Lots of dealers and collectors who might be able to help you out finding your centerfold to marry to your book.

4. Speaking of marrying...Here's the I Wanna Get Married thread where people post and look for parts of golden age books they are trying to piece together.

sorry for the helpful post, back to the ridiculousness...

You beat me to it. (thumbs u

I recently acquired a copy of Batman #6 and it is missing the centerfold. What is a fair price to pay for this?

Since you asked about value: Just as a starting point, I'd guesstimate a missing centerfold cuts a book's value more or less in half. I.e., if the book presents like a nice GVG and FMV is around $500, it might fetch in the $250-300 range at auction. Figure more than that for in-demand/rare/classic-cover books and less for low-demand/run-of-the-mill ones, but again, it's a starting point.

Centerfold, center wrap, tomatos, tomatos. We know what you mean.

I wouldn't think that would be too hard to find in this day and age. Not a rare book. Check the "I want to get married" thread. Lots of stuff there. And keep an eye on the bay. I know I have seen a few of them there.

And, welcome to the boards!