• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big News: Lamont Larson & family tentatively attending SD Con Forum Dinner!

51 posts in this topic

CGC will sponser the Larson family at the forum dinner, you guys can save your money for more comics.

Jeff- please let them know that we would be honored to have them join us in SD. hail.gif

That is really a cool move, Steve, and great job Jeff on getting the Larson family to join us at the forum dinner. cloud9.gif SD dinner is shaping up to be an epic event! yay.gif

I just heard back from LuAnn. They're going ahead with their travel plans. They're very excited, and appreciative of CGC's generosity. Looks like my first forum dinner is going to be a great one! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The dinner Sounds exciting. Is there any interest in getting some of the Larson books signed and then authenticated by CGC? Perhaps Lamont could receive some compensation for his signature? I don't have any Larson's so I'm just throwing out an idea.

I'd really like to get a picture with him. Otherwise, I just want to hear about his days buying and reading comics. I can't think of another Golden Age pedigree where the original owner is still around. And from my few emails with LuAnn, they just seem like a very nice family.

The dinner Sounds exciting. Is there any interest in getting some of the Larson books signed and then authenticated by CGC? Perhaps Lamont could receive some compensation for his signature? I don't have any Larson's so I'm just throwing out an idea.

I think this is a great idea. At the very least I can take my former Larson copy of Blue Ribbon #1, have him sign it, and then I can call it a "LARSON" copy once again!!!!

It does work that way, doesn't it? insane.gif

That's amazingly nice of you, Steve, although I am actually a little disappointed that I won't get to pitch in now: would have been a rare pleasure to give Mr. Larson a little something in return. I actually made a substantial profit selling one of his books after I upgraded so it would have been the least I could do.

That's amazingly nice of you, Steve, although I am actually a little disappointed that I won't get to pitch in now: would have been a rare pleasure to give Mr. Larson a little something in return. I actually made a substantial profit selling one of his books after I upgraded so it would have been the least I could do.

Send in some books for grading and you'll be pitching in indirectly. 27_laughing.gif

That's so cool. I am suprised you guys haven't had "guests of honor" before. The only time I went to the San Diego Con (last year) my cousin took me to a dinner him and his friends put on every year. Russ Heath, Sam Glanzman and Sergio Aragones were there among others...it was a great time, my best memory of the Con. The entire party was only about 25 or 30 people. I am sure you guys could get some amazing guests every year if you tried.

27_laughing.gifOF, I love this, you're always like "Oh, I'm just a poor law student, 893blahblah.gif".

And now it's like, "Oh sure dudes, me and the Russ-man and the Serg-inator hang. It's cool. Why, is that unusual or something?" Christo_pull_hair.gifhail.gif

The next rabbit out of your hat will be like "Oh, my cousin's friends? I don't know, some old dentist dude, Dave something, and there was some old artist guy named Joe, last name rhymed with Schubert, or something like that..." tongue.gif

That's so cool. I am suprised you guys haven't had "guests of honor" before. The only time I went to the San Diego Con (last year) my cousin took me to a dinner him and his friends put on every year. Russ Heath, Sam Glanzman and Sergio Aragones were there among others...it was a great time, my best memory of the Con. The entire party was only about 25 or 30 people. I am sure you guys could get some amazing guests every year if you tried.

27_laughing.gifOF, I love this, you're always like "Oh, I'm just a poor law student, 893blahblah.gif".

And now it's like, "Oh sure dudes, me and the Russ-man and the Serg-inator hang. It's cool. Why, is that unusual or something?" Christo_pull_hair.gifhail.gif

The next rabbit out of your hat will be like "Oh, my cousin's friends? I don't know, some old dentist dude, Dave something, and there was some old artist guy named Joe, last name rhymed with Schubert, or something like that..." tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif It's funny you say that because Kubert whas been one of their guests in the past. What can I say, I am lucky my cousin likes old war comics. I didn't get a chance to talk to Aragones or Heath but I did sit next to Sam Glanzman and his daughter who were very nice. I think it would be a snap for you guys to get people like this at your dinner. The Big 5 group flew out a few of their guests, but I am sure a lot of industry people would come if you just paid for their meal. Missing San Diego this year is going to suck, I wish I could be there....but finding a job take precedence. confused-smiley-013.gif

CGC will sponser the Larson family at the forum dinner, you guys can save your money for more comics.

Jeff- please let them know that we would be honored to have them join us in SD. hail.gif

Steve, that is awesome! Hats off to you and CGC! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think this is a great idea. At the very least I can take my former Larson copy of Blue Ribbon #1, have him sign it, and then I can call it a "LARSON" copy once again!!!!

It does work that way, doesn't it? insane.gif

This is such an opportunity: To get to talk with the originator of a pedigree collection,.....just think about it! thumbsup2.gif

I would love to see Lamont get some benefits for the wonderful books he has given to the hobby.

I wish I could make it to SD, I think it's gonna be a historic show this year. Make sure you guys post plenty of pics and a very detailed report when the time comes!

popcorn.gif