• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2015!

226 posts in this topic

If you're gonna have one page that's the one to have with the infamous car lifting scene!!!!!!!!!!!

Good trivia question: what's the name of the screaming guy on Action #1? Butch.

Wow you got 5th page only-not 6th page some how!

How much something like that go for?

A lot.

Still In the thousands i imagine. Very nice.

I think it was for sale here for a minute and for 5 figures, definitely worth it.

I would consider buying it for sure!

I picked up a lot of covers this year for someone trying to get out of the hobby including a handful of DK3 covers but none of them come close to this for me. My second Maxx cover takes up all three of my top spots.

image_zpsdsb00ihs.jpeg

Whoa.

(worship)

You have a separate question though... your books are always amazing and you are one of the nicest guys on the board.

However,

What were the top three beers you had this year?

beer_153244.jpg1sam_smith_org_choc_stout_550_300x993.jpgnew-holland-dragons-milk.png

All three are of these bottled brews are tasty. I'm imbibing one at the moment, in fact! smiley-eatdrink005.gif

Cheers, ...

b937af8d-fe72-4246-abd5-796b5b928e09_zpsszbng6ku.jpg

Best non comic purchase:

jefimok-1_zpsdcso4at3.jpg

:o

I know nothing about numismatics,what is this?

That is a jefimok. Before Peter the Great, Russia did not mint their own large coins. They would just counterstamp foreign taler size coins with the horseman and date you see here for use in Russia. It's a fairly rare coin that I've been looking for for a while :)

Very cool.

These will not impress anyone else, but the heart wants what it wants.

IMG_5083_zpsikajdnro.jpg

DH%205%202nd_zpsaot9vrzd.jpg

DkHwk_50_GS_zps74mkqeie.jpg

Im sure if we all chip in, we could get you a better looking darkhawk 5. Should only take a few people donating 15 cents or a hundred of us donating a penny or if a store owner board member is feeling nice, he could dig one out the dollar box and we could help pay for shipping. showing that as a top 3 of the year makes me sad. You should have a nice copy.

I SHOULD have a nice copy. I'd actually be happy to OVERPAY anyone for the DH 5 2nd print in NM+ if they've got one.

second print on a Darkhawk5?That is ultra awesome cool!!!!!!!

My Top 3 for 2015

2015 has been a fun year for my collection, filled with surprises. So here are my top 3 purchases this year.

#3 Night Nurse #1

This was an unexpected surprise for me. I found this at a small show in Colorado Springs. It had been several years since I spent more than $5 on a single raw issue. I had heard of this series and the growing popularity but I never planned to seek it out.

I was at a dealer table going through some junk and the dealer mentioned picking up a copy of Night Nurse from another dealer at the show. I found the other dealer and saw the bright red Night Nurse #1 in a display case for $100. The copy looked sharp, the dealer seemed legit, he told he just got an original owner collection of Bronze Marvels via walk in at his shop. I inspected the book and everything looked good, I stepped aside to think about, did a quick search on my phone and went with my gut. I got it for $80 cash and a trade for a raw copy of Man of Steel #18 I had on me. This book is one of the few, proud Marvels in my collection. You never know what you're gonna find in the wild.

Night%20Nurse%201_zpsxesxvjpp.jpg

#2 Action Comics #371

This is a neat, late Silver book in high grade, with a cover from Curt Swan and Neal Adams. This is my oldest 9.8 to date, cover dated January, 1969.

Action%20371_zpsfxvzkdl2.jpg

#1 Action Comics #389 Oakland copy

My top purchase this year, and my #1 jewel of my collection. I found this, along with the Action #371 on ComicConnect. On Easter morning, I turned on my lap top, made some coffee and found this, I clicked on the image and purchased it within 30 seconds. I didn't realized it was a pedigree copy until after wards when I put in my payment info. The price was also a bargain!

I like old labels and pedigrees, and this is a really neat cover, classic DC Americana. The colors look like they are still drying, the piece is newsstand fresh and I smile every time I pull the piece out for viewing. This book also opened a few doors for my collection, I had to sell several books to accommodate purchasing this and the my #2 book at the same time, which also lead to a great trade with another boardie. I really enjoy this piece and really appreciate the compliments I've gotten from collectors who have some serious slabs in there collection.

Action%20389%20Oakland_zpsonfmukjw.jpg

I picked up a Night Nurse # 1 recently. It was actually a much better read than I expected. There's a lot of hype around that book because of the Netflix Marvel shows, but I would definitely pick up the others in the series to read if I stumbled across them. Sweet pickups!

You have a separate question though... your books are always amazing and you are one of the nicest guys on the board.

However,

What were the top three beers you had this year?

beer_153244.jpg1sam_smith_org_choc_stout_550_300x993.jpgnew-holland-dragons-milk.png

All three are of these bottled brews are tasty. I'm imbibing one at the moment, in fact! smiley-eatdrink005.gif

Cheers, ...

b937af8d-fe72-4246-abd5-796b5b928e09_zpsszbng6ku.jpg

lol:applause:

2015 was a strong year for me, I got some books I should have bought a couple years ago but got caught up in the buy everything stage of first getting into CGC books.

1st was a book i bought of the boards, I'm still up in the air about cracking this one out and pressing and sending it back in to be regarded, only hd it for 3 months or so. Still enjoy looking at it

DB3817BC-B356-449F-8D7C-B63A702F9661_zps4pstvfoc.jpg

2nd and 3rd are almost a tie but growing up loved the cartoon show the Xmen. Used to fly home everyday from grade school to watch the cartoon. At some point next year I would love to upgrade this book

615073DC-CD9C-414A-9DCC-1DB0D3DD71A3_zpso2qgx7cl.jpg

Bought this book on my birthday this year as a little present to myself, got a crazy good deal under GPA

359DAAE9-69E2-4123-966B-697DEA42782D_zpsudm1nmip.jpg

Honorable Mention goes to this book upgraded from a ok 3.5 copy to this one, another book I wouldn't mind to upgrade next year. CAC6F856-69CE-4C51-AC3C-5ACBD70BE7FC_zpskmauakgl.jpg

Looking forward to 2016, I have 1 more marvel key I would like to by then its a list of lower dollar keys that I want in my collection, and some upgrades. Should be a fun 2016