• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSP on the buyers end

9 posts in this topic

There has been some rousing threads regarding the pluses and minuses of using the GSP when shipping from one country to another. Not really trying to start a heated debate (again) but just thought I would share my current experience with the GSP.

Partly as an experiment I won some books on Ebay, knowing full well the seller was using the GSP. I paid immediately and the seller shipped immediately which is evident in the tracking. Seller is in New Mexico and I live in Vancouver BC, Canada

That was November 10th

We are coming up one month and no books, meanwhile I have done MANY deals between Can and the US. All delivered quickly and successfully with packages going both ways.

So at least for me this experiment has confirmed my conviction to pass on GSP enabled auctions. Here is the tracking thus far:

Arrived at Global Shipping Center

Nov-16-15, 13:43 PM, ERLANGER, KY 41018

In Transit-Business Closed

Nov-14-15, 08:57 AM, ERLANGER, KY 41018

In Transit-Sorting Complete

Nov-14-15, 07:41 AM, ERLANGER, KY 41025

In Transit-Arrived at Post Office

Nov-14-15, 07:35 AM, ERLANGER, KY 41018

In Transit-Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

Nov-14-15, 02:07 AM, CINCINNATI, OH 45235

In Transit-Departed Post Office

Nov-12-15, 16:40 PM, SANTA FE, NM 87501

In Transit-Acceptance

Nov-12-15, 12:27 PM, SANTA FE, NM 87501

In Transit-Acceptance (SSK)

Nov-11-15, 20:35 PM, SANTA FE, NM 87501

It would seem it depends where you are located. Apparently Vancouver is not a simple route to map. I ordered some supplies from Hotflips which shipped via GSP, the route was:

START: West Babylon NY

TO: Santa Clarita CA

TO: Erlanger KY

TO: Mississauga ON

ARRIVE: Vancouver BC

Sketch that out on a map, looks like a Hunter S Thompson road trip! Took 25 days.

the mystery is why it went to CA, which seemed overly unnecessary. Errlanger KY is where all GSP go through before leaving the US. I think that was because it got sorted wrong and ended up quite far away and had to make its way back closer east.

Latest update is package went missing in Erlanger.

Ebay has refunded one of the three books, One is pending, and the other is being reviewed as (odd development) the seller has provided some other tracking number that ebay is having a look at for that book.

Less than amusing