• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swamp Thing #1 splash

156 posts in this topic

The consensus here seems to be-just put shadows wherever you want. There's no need to study shadows, because any shadows you come up with could have happened with just the right lighting conditions. So just stick em wherever.

Yeah ok.

I prefer to pick lint out of my belly button in my spare time, much more enjoyable.

The consensus here seems to be-just put shadows wherever you want. There's no need to study shadows, because any shadows you come up with could have happened with just the right lighting conditions. So just stick em wherever.

Yeah ok.

I prefer to pick lint out of my belly button in my spare time, much more enjoyable.

This is the essence of the situation-you have a guy-me-who this is important to. That has spent considerable time on it.

Then we have guys who find belly button lint more interesting.

And they're the experts.

Everyone has cameras. Everyone has lights. Everyone has a head,

Prove me wrong.

Sadly, I think the OA forum has reached a new low today. Enjoy.

Make it a new high-prove me wrong.

I don't have a swamp nearby and a few people willing to hold up flashlights from a ladder in the middle of the night. I don't see rain, lightning in the forecast either so I am sol. :tonofbricks:

So on what basis do you say the shadow's correct?

It's common knowledge that . . .

thSNMG0USN.jpg

:jokealert:

Yeah ok.

This is the essence of the situation-you have a guy-me-who this is important to. That has spent considerable time on it.

And they're the experts.

Is it possible that it's, mayhap, TOO important to you?

Somewhere between belly button lint appreciation and Major Kong riding the bomb all the way to the ground-level of indignation there's some middle ground where the shadows on a piece of comic art from 40+ years ago has its proper place in our day to day lives.

Yeah ok.

...the problem is that we have two schools of thought at war here..... the traditional ultra-realist vs. the dramatic impressionist. Personally, I never categorized Wrightson as an artist whose focus was realism, but rather an attempt at a dramatic sensationalism that springs from a pseudo realistic foundation combined with plenty of Greenwich Village late 60's early 70's sensibilities (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...I may not know art but I know what I like :cloud9:

Yeah ok.

And they're the experts.

mayhap,

did BLB take over your keyboard?

:insane:

Know where I can get some pulps or San Francisco's?

Yeah ok.

And they're the experts.

mayhap,

A) I am sure the word existed before Bob, even if just barely.

And 2) you take that BACK!

I dunno "Chris." (if that is indeed you)

Sounds like you're sniffing glue.

Or mayhap just including it in the background of your pictures while irately accusing CGC of using glue on your books?

Hard to tell. hm

Yeah ok.

And they're the experts.

mayhap,

:roflmao:

methinks.

I'd rather have the one before the splash:

IMG_4623.jpg

Can you imagine those two pages framed together? Jeez.

I own the opening splash. This one is an interior splash. Some of the books had two splashes, especially early on. I also love the Werewolf splash from issue 4. I think Scott Williams used to own it but sold it years ago. Nice to see the splashes getting strong prices. When I was buying them they were around 10K even 10 years ago so all things considered they haven't escalated as much as some other stuff. Was due for a correction. Congrats to the new owner!

Nice to see the splashes getting strong prices. When I was buying them they were around 10K even 10 years ago so all things considered they haven't escalated as much as some other stuff. Was due for a correction.

Wrightson was never cheap, going all the way back to the Sandy Blatt selloff early 80s. Never cheap.