• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction

185 posts in this topic

The anchor stamp is a 1938 Don Winslow of the Navy Radio Show premium. Here is what it looks like. It had the kid's initials on either side of the anchor.

donwinslowstamp_zpsaf4d0538.jpg

lol

Unreal, the things some of the people on this board know. (worship)

Exactly what I was thinking...unreal what a wealth of knowledge. Thanks.

I totally forgot about the auction. What did the Cap 1 2.5, Tec 29 5.0 and Supes 1 9.0 go for? Thanks!

Tec 29 $37,500

That seems like a relatively low price for the 'Tec 29 in comparison to what some of the other pre-Robin Batman covers have been going for.

Especially since issue 29 is an earlier issue with a classic cover that doesn't come to market as often as some of the other hot pre-Robin batman covers. hm

I think it did just fine ...

det1.12805a.jpg

You are da man (worship)

Love the anchor stamps.

The anchor stamp is a 1938 Don Winslow of the Navy Radio Show premium. Here is what it looks like. It had the kid's initials on either side of the anchor.

love learning about things like this! :whee:

I posted about this over in CG, but I know some of you (smartly) dont venture over there...

Anyone else notice this book int eh CC auction

jzgi4pR.jpg

The book itself is a mess (married CF, tape inside) but I was super interested in the fact that it was signed BY Hal Foster, and inscribed by him to Bill Thailing...one of the OG comic dealers from the beginnings of the hobby (Im guessing some of you here might have known/dealt with him). So I assumed that meant that the book at some point was in Bill Thailing's collection (cant imagine it was just thrown into his sales inventory after meeting Hal Foster, one of his comic creator heroes)

I totally slept thru the auction close (cut me slack, it was 5am over here!), I hope it went to someone who appreciated the interesting place in comicbookery that this book captures...

I didn't notice it in the auction. With that cool back story I would have bid on it for sure.

Here is my signed copy:

SingleSeries2085_zps2375ee38.jpg

Love, love, LOVE it! :luhv:

...I wonder if Rich Hauser is John Hauser's Dad ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Pretty sure they're close in age... I met his sister 30 years ago and she was my age, and I think John is a couple years younger than me.

I posted about this over in CG, but I know some of you (smartly) dont venture over there...

Anyone else notice this book int eh CC auction

jzgi4pR.jpg

The book itself is a mess (married CF, tape inside) but I was super interested in the fact that it was signed BY Hal Foster, and inscribed by him to Bill Thailing...one of the OG comic dealers from the beginnings of the hobby (Im guessing some of you here might have known/dealt with him). So I assumed that meant that the book at some point was in Bill Thailing's collection (cant imagine it was just thrown into his sales inventory after meeting Hal Foster, one of his comic creator heroes)

I totally slept thru the auction close (cut me slack, it was 5am over here!), I hope it went to someone who appreciated the interesting place in comicbookery that this book captures...

I didn't notice it in the auction. With that cool back story I would have bid on it for sure.

Here is my signed copy:

SingleSeries2085_zps2375ee38.jpg

Love, love, LOVE it! :luhv:

...I wonder if Rich Hauser is John Hauser's Dad ? GOD BLESS...

Pretty sure they're close in age... I met his sister 30 years ago and she was my age, and I think John is a couple years younger than me.

.... maybe a brother ?.....I remember reading once that John's dad was a collector/ dealer and it ran in the family..... although in certain regions, Hauser is not that uncommon of a name. GOD BLESS...

I totally forgot about the auction. What did the Cap 1 2.5, Tec 29 5.0 and Supes 1 9.0 go for? Thanks!

Tec 29 $37,500

That seems like a relatively low price for the 'Tec 29 in comparison to what some of the other pre-Robin Batman covers have been going for.

Especially since issue 29 is an earlier issue with a classic cover that doesn't come to market as often as some of the other hot pre-Robin batman covers. hm

I think it did just fine ...

det1.12805a.jpg

You are da man (worship)

Love the anchor stamps.

love learning about things like this! :whee:

I initially didnt like the Anchor stamps on the Detective 29 but now after learning more, I confess that I find them VERY charming :cloud9: