• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction

185 posts in this topic

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=610852

About an hour plus left, and it's at $34.5k. Strong Batty 1 price so far and peanut brittle pages to boot.

Price is crazy on this one considering a 3.0 CBCS sold for 41k back in March. And this exact copy was sitting at an asking price of 37k for the longest time. Interesting to see if it'll surpass that price.

it's now over $40k.

Yep. Was watching it. My father and I were looking to bid on it below the 35k mark. Wow.

just crazy, Bat 1s are on fire lately.

Yes, are the Bat 1's now starting to catch up to 'Tec 31 in terms of GA Bat heat? hm

Gonna have the 41 straight off to CGC

I'm guessing it comes back the same grade. hm

It :censored: better !!

Certainly hope you are right. :wishluck:

But from what I have been reading on the boards here, don't be surprised if it comes back as a GLOD with all of that horrible Recil Macon writing on the cover and interiors, or God forbid, even as a PLOD at a substantially lower grade. ;)

After all, the implication and comments from a lot of board members here seem to be that the 2 guys at the other company can't grade if their lives depended upon it and probably wouldn't even qualify to sweep the floors with the other grading company located in the Pacific North West. lol:screwy:

Someone got a good buy on the Seven Seas 4! I dropped out thinking it would go for much more.

What was the grade and final price on this book?

Maybe everybody has moved their attention to Seven Seas 6 which appears to be more undervalued as compared to issue #4, since both of these Baker covers are really beautiful. (shrug)

Someone got a good buy on the Seven Seas 4! I dropped out thinking it would go for much more.

Maybe everybody has moved their attention to Seven Seas 6 which appears to be more undervalued as compared to issue #4, since both of these Baker covers are really beautiful. (shrug)

from the dealer listings here:

One of my favorite GA books CC auction link

Only two sales on GPA in the last 11 years:

A 6.5 sold for $3,650 in Dec 2014

A 3.0 sold for $1,554 in Feb 2014

This 5.0 copy is currently sitting at less than half what the 3.0 sold for.

Such a deal! :D

Im guessing it wa Sqeggs... and Im guessing the $1800 it went for was a disappointment since 1800 is way closer to 1500 than 3600....

Im guessing it wa Sqeggs... and Im guessing the $1800 it went for was a disappointment since 1800 is way closer to 1500 than 3600....

I'm guessing you are right. lol

It was an undercopy, so I'm fine with the result, although I could definitely have been finer. :D

I posted about this over in CG, but I know some of you (smartly) dont venture over there...

Anyone else notice this book int eh CC auction

jzgi4pR.jpg

The book itself is a mess (married CF, tape inside) but I was super interested in the fact that it was signed BY Hal Foster, and inscribed by him to Bill Thailing...one of the OG comic dealers from the beginnings of the hobby (Im guessing some of you here might have known/dealt with him). So I assumed that meant that the book at some point was in Bill Thailing's collection (cant imagine it was just thrown into his sales inventory after meeting Hal Foster, one of his comic creator heroes)

I totally slept thru the auction close (cut me slack, it was 5am over here!), I hope it went to someone who appreciated the interesting place in comicbookery that this book captures...

I posted about this over in CG, but I know some of you (smartly) dont venture over there...

jzgi4pR.jpg

The book itself is a mess (married CF, tape inside) but I was super interested in the fact that it was signed BY Hal Foster, and inscribed by him to Bill Thailing...one of the OG comic dealers from the beginnings of the hobby (Im guessing some of you here might have known/dealt with him). So I assumed that meant that the book at some point was in Bill Thailing's collection (cant imagine it was just thrown into his sales inventory after meeting Hal Foster, one of his comic creator heroes)

I totally slept thru the auction close (cut me slack, it was 5am over here!), I hope it went to someone who appreciated the interesting place in comicbookery that this book captures...

I saw that SS 1 to 28 were in the auction. I assume they were all from one consignor. Would have been a neat book to pick up. Maybe it will resurface.

Seems as if there is a lot of Foster OA out there, particularly individual panels and partial Sunday pages that he cut up and sent to fans who wrote to him. They've been going for pretty strong prices, though.

I'm guessing you are right. lol

It was an undercopy, so I'm fine with the result, although I could definitely have been finer. :D

I helped it out a bit ;)

Boy, another book that Overstreet is really low since the guide indicates that it is only around a measly $500 in 5.0 condition. lol

Must check to see which one I have, since I know that I have either a SS 4 or a SS 6 in my collection. Hopefully, it's the SS 4 although I also really love the colors on the cover of the SS 6. :wishluck:

Anyone land either of the Pep #34s? If so and you have a lowly under copy I may be your man :whistle:
I bid on and lost both

I wonder which book is now coveted more by collectors: 34, with the over-the-top Nazi cover, or 36, with the first Archie cover? hm

jzgi4pR.jpg

I didn't notice it in the auction. With that cool back story I would have bid on it for sure.