• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction

185 posts in this topic

You're not the only one who would have bid on the Tarzan SS #20. Sounds like it was autographed to my father back in the 60s. Wish I had known it was up for auction. Would have loved to have bought it, but most of my collecting days are way past. Would have made a nice pair with my Prince Valiant FB #26 also autographed by Foster in the 60s.

There were some solid sales but some real good bargains on some big books.

Was anyone else surprised by how high the ,5 and restored 2.5 Captain America Comics went for, or is that the norm now. I remeber a Cap 1 universal 6.5 selling on Comiclink for 35k about four or five years ago. Gone a long way in a few years

Some solid prices on th early tecs but that Detective 29 was a nice grab

Superman 1 was a great price, some really nice restored books for some decent deals in general.

Finally, I personally think That Ashcan Flash 1 price, 1st appearance of Captain Marvel was a steal. I know its an Ashcan but Whiz 1 basically reprinted that book.

I totally forgot about the auction. What did the Cap 1 2.5, Tec 29 5.0 and Supes 1 9.0 go for? Thanks!

Tec 29 $37,500

That seems like a relatively low price for the 'Tec 29 in comparison to what some of the other pre-Robin Batman covers have been going for.

Especially since issue 29 is an earlier issue with a classic cover that doesn't come to market as often as some of the other hot pre-Robin batman covers. hm

I totally forgot about the auction. What did the Cap 1 2.5, Tec 29 5.0 and Supes 1 9.0 go for? Thanks!

Tec 29 $37,500

That seems like a relatively low price for the 'Tec 29 in comparison to what some of the other pre-Robin Batman covers have been going for.

Especially since issue 29 is an earlier issue with a classic cover that doesn't come to market as often as some of the other hot pre-Robin batman covers. hm

I think it did just fine ...

det1.12805a.jpg

Tec 29 $37,500

det1.12805a.jpg

(worship)

Tec 29 $37,500

det1.12805a.jpg

Oh, I see now.....Slightly Brittle pages which is a no go on most books.

I guess it did just fine then, although I was initially comparing it to some of the silly multiples that 'Tec 35 and especially 'Tec 31 have been getting in the marketplace over the past year or so.

Tec 29 $37,500

det1.12805a.jpg

Sure did! (thumbs u

Awesome book.

Tec 29 $37,500

det1.12805a.jpg

You are da man (worship)

Supes 1 $42,666

Tec 29 $37,500

And the Cap 1 2.5 (Purple) went for $21,000