• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Picture tour of Geppi's Comic Museum in Baltimore, MD

125 posts in this topic

Are there any other early Actions or Detectives ?

I saw a Tec 33 in one of the pics but that was about it.

There were a couple of others. I got pics of them all but you may have to zoom to find them. No big keys stood out that I know of but of course I am not an early DC expert!

With the Smithsonian an hour up the road and Ocean City even closer, this is a prime reason why the Baltimore Comic Con is THE show to hit if one wishes to combine a nice 2 week family vacation with it. If memory serves, the Geppi Museum is in walking distance of the show. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Correct Jimbo. It's basically right across the street from B'more Con.

Thanks for sharing these pictures here! (thumbs u

Wonder how long will the Comic museum run by date? I may want add this one as one of the sights to check while I am there the same time the Baltimore Comic con in a year or two.

Just reread the original thread posted in 2006 when the museum opened. (Weird to read your own posts a decade later!). Originally Geppi placed his Court case copies in his museum. They were real. But if you look at these recent pics, these are different copies, and "probably" restored copies like many of the other major keys were even back then.

was there a gift shop and did it have anything interesting?

Yes but to be honest I didn't get to spend a lot of time in there because the kids were getting pretty anxious to leave at that point. I spent more time looking for a small token for each of them then for myself.

I did find a really cool Galactus head bottle opener that my wife got for me and I found a Dynamite issue of the Dresden Files story Downtown that I was missing. I hadn't had much hope of finding it but I was quite lucky it was there!

Other than that there were your usual comic store items. I didn't see many if any items that you could not obtain somewhere else. Again though I was pretty distracted.