• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Borock Interview On STL Comics

116 posts in this topic

Remember POV, no one listens to you! confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, yah! I have reconciled myself to that for a long time now. But still - a voice crying from the wilderness is better than no voice at all. frown.gif ::must remain...optimistic...Spock! SPOCK!) smile.gif???

cgcgraders.jpg

C'mon folks, if you put a pic of the gang in the article--at least tell us who is who? Who can name everyone here?

Hello, all. Glad you are enjoying the interview!

When Steve supplied us with the pic, he didn't tell us who everyone was. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They ought be able to come in here and point themselves out though, eh? hi.gif

ALL I'll say is I'm not in the picture.

Use this LINK as a key and you'll learn the names of 99% of the people in that picture.

I'm listening. hi.gif

I'm listening too. hi.gif

Steve's pressing response was extremely disappointing for quite a few reasons, none of which really have anything to do with the debate of "is it restoration or not?"

For those interested, I address the issue on the pressing thread.

I'm listening. hi.gif

Steve's pressing response was extremely disappointing for quite a few reasons, none of which really have anything to do with the debate of "is it restoration or not?"

I addressed the physical aspects of fibers, paper and pressing right here. Man - NO ONE listens to me (well, maybe one or two.)

I shall seek your reply out but I tell you - if you don't get into the paper composition aspect of pressing I swear I shall muddy the waters! (Well, maybe not, Muddy Waters was a pretty good musician I must say!)

Hey, I welcome any information or insight that anyone wishes to offer about the question of pressing and restoration. Just because I may not address a particular aspect doesn't mean I'm not interested! hi.gif

PM or e-mail me sometime with info elaborating further on what you noted. 893applaud-thumb.gif

PM or e-mail me sometime with info elaborating further on what you noted.

Truth be told, no elaboration is needed. WSe have broken paper fibers and spome dings can achieve that and not break color. You can press the dickens out if that area and the fibers will not stitch back together. The area is a weak spot in the book.

I truly invite ANY pro restorer to counter this. I look forward to such a counter as it means I will learn something new in restoration.

But I just do not see how flatteing out a piece of paper with fibers broken at THIS angle and pressing them to THAT angle returns the book anywhere near original state, except for how it appears. Appears? Apparant? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm listening. hi.gif

Actually, the pressing answer looked awfully familiar... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

......I'm sorry, POV,....did you say something? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gifpoke2.gif

Yeah - I left you a freaking voice mail maybe 20 minutes ago. Oh! Sorry! Fuelie is all tied up on the boards. No WAY he can talk to you. Sorry. Make a post instead!

tongue.gif

And I TELL you something Fuel - Bettie danged well better get the long end of the stick from Nohands! I swear if she is hurt, I will spend thousands a night for shoddy SD hotels just to extract vengeance on you for Bettie! I will I will!

......I'm sorry, POV,....did you say something? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gifpoke2.gif

Yeah - I left you a freaking voice mail maybe 20 minutes ago. Oh! Sorry! Fuelie is all tied up on the boards. No WAY he can talk to you. Sorry. Make a post instead!

tongue.gif

And I TELL you something Fuel - Bettie danged well better get the long end of the stick from Nohands! I swear if she is hurt, I will spend thousands a night for shoddy SD hotels just to extract vengeance on you for Bettie! I will I will!

gossip.gif Bettie dies in the next episode!

...and you spend 1,000's of nights in shoddy hotels as it is,....what's your point? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Bettie dies in the next episode!

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

No! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I will spend MILLIONS of nights in shoddy hotels - in shoddy MOTELS - to save Bettie. Take out your wrath on Pov, NOT Bettie!

I'm beggin' ya'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! frown.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

No! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I will spend MILLIONS of nights in shoddy hotels - in shoddy MOTELS - to save Bettie. Take out your wrath on Pov, NOT Bettie!

Too late,.....she is,....'SOB" ,...she is dead! Oh, whoe is me! sorry.gif

Too late,.....she is,....'SOB" ,...she is dead! Oh, woe is me! sorry.gif

changed the danged "Woe" !!!! leave me alone, POV !!!! makepoint.gif

>>A number of rumors have surfaced ranging from Chris Friesen opening his own comic book press shop because there is more money to be made in pressing than restoration detection <<

I thought this was extremely interesting. A service devoted to pressing. I guess this is the direction the hobby is going in. sigh.