• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #595 - First Appearance of The Silver Banshee

6 posts in this topic

I've always liked this cover and story, with the debut of The Silver Banshee a.k.a Siobhan (Pronounced SHEE-VAUGHN) McDougal. Not only does this story feature Batman and Martian Manhunter, it also laid the foundation for recurring appearances in other Superman stories throughout the late '80s and early '90s. With Superman and the supernatural only coinciding occasionally in the books of the era, this book and character were memorable.

I'm seeing this issue pop up in few threads, like the sales section and in the Supergirl TV show thread. I also noticed a 9.8 copy go for a little $150 in a recent ComicLink auction, a nice chunk of change for a Copper Superman book.

The ComicLink sale is only one example, to date, there are only 11 copies listed in 9.8 grade. I'm also not seeing this yet in the Coppers that are heating on eBay thread, and yes I stated that I saw it in the sales threads, but only a few copies. So I won't call this a "hot" book, I also thought I saw a picture of Banshee from Smallville and it looks like she'll be in the new Supergirl show (a show I have not watched yet).

So, is this book and character onto something?

I found my copy locally last week in a $1 box. I bought it 'cause it's a pretty cool Byrne cover.

If it's getting hot, YAY! I love that feeling when a random purchase turns into a 'beat the insanity' purchase.

^^

5EHrE5K.jpg

Nice pick up! (thumbs u