• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan Moore SS books

13 posts in this topic

I like that the first sale went from "CGC 9.8 AND HIGHER" suggesting that buying them might give you a 9.9 or 10 - only to have that changed to CGC 9.8 two months later with all the 9.9s and 10's being offered at a premium.

Thanks Avatar for alienating customers once again.

I was a little put off by that too, but Avatar had just had their 'taste test' set of two problem, where you preordered two numbered 9.8's-- problem was, they didn't get enough 9.8's back, so they lost that time. I guess they decided to play it safe this time around, but the wording could have been better. Preordering ANY Alan Moore SS book in 9.8 for $160 was a bargain, and then to have the 9.9's and 10's offered for $245 and $385 is a good deal. I am sure the Flippers were unhappy that someone besides them made a little money, but as a customer, I am pleased to have had the opportunity to buy them.

So, Thanks Avatar for a great opportunity!

I grabbed a Yuggoth Cultures 9.6. Who cares about the grade? It's an Alan Moore SS on a cover OF Alan Moore.

Got one of these myself, it's a great cover, and a great price for an Alan Moore sig :)