• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would anyone else get their Treasury sized books graded if CGC graded them?

32 posts in this topic

I have some nice ones and don't even know where to store them. Does Hot Flips make a top loader that holds this size?

yes- I purchased a batch of them last year from them. Im local so I picked up.

How many did you buy and how much did it cost? hm

I have some nice ones and don't even know where to store them. Does Hot Flips make a top loader that holds this size?

yes- I purchased a batch of them last year from them. Im local so I picked up.

How many did you buy and how much did it cost? hm

I think they are 5 bucks each or 10 for 36.50..I got 10

MTE_01.jpg

That book is my earliest recollection of wanting a comic off the newsstands badly.

That book is the first comic I had ever seen (and got)...took another year before I saw another comic, so for 12 months I was convinced all American comics were this size :makepoint:

is there any need to use a backing board with these? I am considering making some sort of board myself-- or perhaps layering cardboard between them inside my storage boxes.

I have mine in mylar bags, standing vertical-- stored inside a couple USPS flat rate medium box. They are my original purchases/trades from back in the day and vary in condition as for quite some time, I could not find bags to store them in until I saw them offered by Robert Bell (I think). They look decent in the new bags I picked up last year from hotflips.

I have several high grade DC Treasuries that desperately needs to encapsulated.

Here are couple that I need to be protected that I acquired late Dec 2014 & early Jan 2015.

DCLimitedCollectorEditionC-51324_zps6038b8a4.jpg

IMG_0289_zps366077eb.jpg

B8096F20-B11A-4C2D-91DA-E4910DB8D18E_zpsbztxe6tl.jpg

43C71F22-66AC-448D-82CC-5758368CE463_zpsel5tk7nh.jpg

MTE_01.jpg

That book is my earliest recollection of wanting a comic off the newsstands badly.

That book is the first comic I had ever seen (and got)...took another year before I saw another comic, so for 12 months I was convinced all American comics were this size :makepoint:

You poor boy. :(

I would have all my Christmas and other Holiday ones graded. And if they did grade them then someone would make a box to store them in. Its capitalism at its best!!!

I currently store them in top loaders and a box made for them. I think that they would look great if they were graded! Definitely a niche and not a huge money maker for the grading company - but would be a value added for their customers.

BTW I wish the grading companies had holiday gift certificates too - that what I would have asked Santa for!!

I have several high grade DC Treasuries that desperately needs to encapsulated.

Here are couple that I need to be protected that I acquired late Dec 2014 & early Jan 2015.

DCLimitedCollectorEditionC-51324_zps6038b8a4.jpg

IMG_0289_zps366077eb.jpg

Gorgeous copy. I regret selling my HG copy of this a few years ago. It is a great book from both the Adams artwork and great story perspectives (reprints Batman #232, 243, 244 if I recall correctly).

I have about 40 in my collection I would want graded. Is the demand to get them graded way too low to warrant CGC grading them as Magazines? Can't be the size because they grade concert posters. Very curious about this.

I would love to see CGC start slabbing Treasuries. :wishluck: