• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a good book about the Silver Age?

18 posts in this topic

the two volumes of Steranko History of Comics were what I read-- still have them.

+1 I was about to post this but then saw that you said the same thing!

I can't recall the title.... but maybe someone will. the book is huge and is set up kind of like an encyclopedia with alphabetized topics ranging from creators to collections to events.... it came out maybe 10 years ago (shrug) GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I can't recall the title.... but maybe someone will. the book is huge and is set up kind of like an encyclopedia with alphabetized topics ranging from creators to collections to events.... it came out maybe 10 years ago (shrug) GOD BLESS.....

.... Comics Between the Panels :idea:

.... maybe my favorite comic history book ever...... although some of Bill Schelly's fandom related stuff is sublime..... GOD BLESS...

The Comic Book Heroes: From the Silver Age to the Present by Will Jacobs and Gerard Jones is a great read (as is their Golden Age history Men of Tomorrow).

Although Men Of Tomorrow is about the years leading up to and including the Golden Age, it is definitely the best book about comic history ever.

.... maybe my favorite comic history book ever...... although some of Bill Schelly's fandom related stuff is sublime..... GOD BLESS...

Comics Between The Panels is certainly in the top five. Great book that everyone should own.

Comics Between The Panels is certainly in the top five. Great book that everyone should own.

...there should be a spare copy in EVERY bathroom, that's how good it is..... GOD BLESS...

I'm a big fan of TwoMorrows Publishing's American Comic Book Chronicles series. They've done several volumes covering 1950-1989. The whole series is excellent and it covers not only Marvel and DC, but includes Harvey, Dell, Gold Key, Charlton, etc...