• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink's new look

68 posts in this topic

Is there a quick link to "newest listings" when searching in a particular title? Clink used to have that...

Click on "Comic Book Exchange" then "Newest Listings"

It took me a minute to find it. But it's still just two clicks.

IMO, it should be one click.

Is there a quick link to "newest listings" when searching in a particular title? Clink used to have that...

I agree.

I really wish they'd add a tracking feature for auctions too. I'd bet they've heard that request many times. I wonder what Josh sees as the downside to that.

I agree.

I really wish they'd add a tracking feature for auctions too. I'd bet they've heard that request many times. I wonder what Josh sees as the downside to that.

The only one I can think of is less actual bids.

I love the new look and have always liked the simplicity of the Comiclink web site in general. I think all the hub-bub about back cover scans is really a non-issue since they will provide one to you if you ask for one. The one area I would like them to do some more work on is the back-end database which still seems to lack significantly in the area of having accurate information on the status of my past sales. But all-in-all it's a welcome change, and Josh should be commended for the work he's done.

Agree - my favorite feature as well. (thumbs u

Would prefer the preview images not to be low res/fuzzy. Other than that, I quite like the site overall.

Would also like to see the page quality added to the preview information on slabbed books.

A big improvement overall!

Hi All,

First, thanks for the kind words on the "new look" ComicLink. It was a long, laborious process and we are glad that the overall reaction is positive. Let me tell you -- Josh certainly deserves a "Long Winter's Nap" after the work he put into the launch over the past few weeks!

We are doing a little fine tuning and tweaking. To this point, I wanted to address the question of "fuzzy" thumbnails. With the new format, we had to convert the thumbnails on existing listings to the new preview size. This has now been done on all auction listings. If users clear out their cache from their browsing history, and refresh, all auction thumbnails should now appear sharp.

(note that we are deciding when to do that with the Exchange images. Should be happening soon.)

Happy Holidays and here's to a great 2016!

I like the new look!

Good job!

(thumbs u

I do not like the new look, now their Web site looks like the average comic seller web site.

The old look was giving Comiclink a characteristic cachet that was appealing and unique

I do agree, especially the white background gives too much contrast making items hard to see. If I just could get the old background colors back I probably would be happy... :)