• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink's new look

68 posts in this topic

Would prefer the preview images not to be low res/fuzzy. Other than that, I quite like the site overall.

Would also like to see the page quality added to the preview information on slabbed books.

A big improvement overall!

CLink updated their web site? I think that's one of the seven signs of the apocalypse

1) Arrival of the Antichrist

2) War

3) Famine

4) Plague

5) Judgment

6) Chaos

7) CLink site update

The end is here.

Hope it only comes after episode 9 of SW.

Would prefer the preview images not to be low res/fuzzy. Other than that, I quite like the site overall.

Would also like to see the page quality added to the preview information on slabbed books.

A big improvement overall!

Hi All,

First, thanks for the kind words on the "new look" ComicLink. It was a long, laborious process and we are glad that the overall reaction is positive. Let me tell you -- Josh certainly deserves a "Long Winter's Nap" after the work he put into the launch over the past few weeks!

We are doing a little fine tuning and tweaking. To this point, I wanted to address the question of "fuzzy" thumbnails. With the new format, we had to convert the thumbnails on existing listings to the new preview size. This has now been done on all auction listings. If users clear out their cache from their browsing history, and refresh, all auction thumbnails should now appear sharp.

(note that we are deciding when to do that with the Exchange images. Should be happening soon.)

Happy Holidays and here's to a great 2016!

CLink updated their web site? I think that's one of the seven signs of the apocalypse

1) Arrival of the Antichrist

2) War

3) Famine

4) Plague

5) Judgment

6) Chaos

7) CLink site update

The end is here. Everybody start selling!

Yes, the end is near! Start selling! On ComicLink! Before the Armageddon when site reverts to the original for good!

Another site that's been "engineered". For all the time, energy and money spent... why not higher a decent designer to help rebuild the site... starting with a more memorable name, logo and with usability in mind (good design is also logical).

Not only does "ComicLink" sound like "ComicConnect". Not only do they both share the same value proposition (or lack there of)... but now they look alike too, stemming from a non-identity.

Yes, it's difficult to differentiate yourself when trading in commodities, but even corporate entities can establish a personality in order to better connect with the audience. If DeBeers can sell useless rocks at astronomical prices, then it can be done with treasured memories.

ie; Let ComicConnect trade comics, ComicLink helps people invest in childhood imagination.

Looking professional is not enough. Take off those jackets, loosen those ties and instead be approachable.

My 2¢.

Overall Is it better than what was previously there ?

Seems to be largely cosmetic, which is to bad because they did nothing to differentiate themselves from comic connect, who showed up after CLink with a better site and has been improving in auction content since the start....

dont think they added any new function (search improvements, tracking, etc)

dont think they improved their underlying database (based on my search tests)

They've always seemed to ascribe to the business model of "good enough" and "dont fix it unless it's broken" so Im actually surprised they even did a cosmetic refresh!

Typical web "re-design".

Change the overall look (in this case to invoke Heritage apparently), move things around (so your customers can be irritated for a little while), and add no functionality (maybe even lose a little.)

How much do these companies' web designers con out of them every 2-3 years?

Another site that's been "engineered". For all the time, energy and money spent... why not higher a decent designer to help rebuild the site... starting with a more memorable name, logo and with usability in mind (good design is also logical).

Not only does "ComicLink" sound like "ComicConnect". Not only do they both share the same value proposition (or lack there of)... but now they look alike too, stemming from a non-identity.

Yes, it's difficult to differentiate yourself when trading in commodities, but even corporate entities can establish a personality in order to better connect with the audience. If DeBeers can sell useless rocks at astronomical prices, then it can be done with treasured memories.

ie; Let ComicConnect trade comics, ComicLink helps people invest in childhood imagination.

Looking professional is not enough. Take off those jackets, loosen those ties and instead be approachable.

My 2¢.

I personally do not care what they are wearing... Tie or not... I will bid anywhere that has the book I need at the moment. lol

My 2¢.

I personally do not care what they are wearing... Tie or not... I will bid anywhere that has the book I need at the moment. lol

Cool books, get your cool books no matter who sells them!