• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think I just got scammed with this Spider-Man #1 CGC 7.0?

63 posts in this topic

Im sure it does happen, but not often with a MAJOR key (worth thousands) - ill go out on a limb as say 99.9% of those "too good to be true" deals, are. :sumo: (especially on eBay)

Plus, why not support the good dealers of the hobby, the ones with proven track records of integrity and excellent customer service from whom you can buy without any qualms. They deserve to be supported, and the hobby is strengthened for it.

(thumbs u +1

Im sure it does happen, but not often with a MAJOR key (worth thousands) - ill go out on a limb as say 99.9% of those "too good to be true" deals, are. :sumo: (especially on eBay)

Plus, why not support the good dealers of the hobby, the ones with proven track records of integrity and excellent customer service from whom you can buy without any qualms. They deserve to be supported, and the hobby is strengthened for it.

(thumbs u +1 [/quote

I support the dealers like every week or month lol. Just saying, a good deal is sometimes a good deal.

So how did the quick refund make you feel?

Like it might have been legit?

Yeah, funny you ask that. After the prompt refund it got me to thinking if this could possibly have been legit. But then the whole "family piece" story just doesn't make sense and the FF 12 buyer refund is a red flag. Looks like seller did get another bite Spidey #1 sold again I'll be feeling really stupid if this turns out to be a legit auction but I still doubt it (tsk)

The auction is likely legit, but the comic inside is fake ...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree with you. My next question is: where did he get this photo/scan of the Spidey?? I still can't find it on any of the websites and I looked through the Heritage auction archives with no success. Just my curiosity eating at me about that photo hm

The auction is likely legit, but the comic inside is fake ...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree with you. My next question is: where did he get this photo/scan of the Spidey?? I still can't find it on any of the websites and I looked through the Heritage auction archives with no success. Just my curiosity eating at me about that photo hm

Here's the original ASM 1 sale (eBay) on 6/24 as reported to GPA. Identical description and photos as when you bought it this week. While it's possible he was the buyer in that auction, I would say that theory is disproven by my next post where he did the same thing with his AF 15 auction. I suspect if we searched the FF 12, we'd see the same stolen photo/description thing happening.

Original ASM 1 eBay auction (June '15)

If you are going to buy a book of this value wait till the right one shows up at say ComicLink (Josh the owner is the best) or Heritage Auctions (same goes for them they are 5 stars all the way with customer service)....you will never have a issue with them and they are fully insured. I took the risk of buying a few of my books off Ebay but they where threw well known dealers who are listed in the Overstreet price guide.

Ok, and here are the stolen AF 15 pics. It was definitely a scam, unless of course this guy bought his AF 15 in 2014, used the same photos and identical description to re-sell it a year later. :eyeroll:

Original AF 15 auction (2014)

New AF 15 sale

Thanks, you guys are awesome (thumbs u

If you are going to buy a book of that magnitude, buy from trusted board members. I guarantee you will be satisfied with your results.