• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How'd I do on this Amazing Spider-Man #124?

15 posts in this topic

7.5 - Its late and I'm tired but based on the corner abrasions, the spine stresses which break color and the creasing and wear on the back cover. How is the surface wear in the front looks pretty good from the scan so I might be a tad harsh if the front cover wear is less than the back.

The date stamp is really unobtrusive here, you have to look for it.

Crack must be on sale this week. There's no way that comic is anything less than an 8.5. I was guessing 9.0 on first look.

I thought I was a bit harsh, but there are two significant creases on the back cover at about the midway point of the right edge. It looks like someone pressed the lines in really hard with a pencil and then erased them, but the severe indentations remain. When combined with the abraided corner and the spine spine stresses which break color it was my feeling that on a BA book this brough it down to a VF range copy. However, as I initially commented, with lack of surface wear, I could see this as a VF 8.0, to my mind On Initial Glance the copy is a 9.0, but the demarkatiions on the back cover drop it into the VF range IMO.

Further information regarding the back cover markings and the amount of surface wear would be helpful.

Thanks for all the input... Looking closley at the back cover, it looks like someone put a paperclip on the comic causing the indentations you see but they don't appear on the front cover. Strange but true.