• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No wonder everyone's all stuck up in here

32 posts in this topic

A number of years ago, I was on a Magic: The Gathering forum, where the heavy discussion was on players actually making purchases in the store they choose to play in for free. It was said that in the Pacific NW there are a lot of players who think they are gods of players and think that the stores should be paying them to play in their stores and they are above supporting the stores they play in.

A game store owner, friend of mine, told me that his store was riddled with players who though they were "elite" and would look down on other players and even be rude to them.

If you did not play the same games as them, or even play the same cards as them, you weren't as good as them. They would actually snub their noses at you.

A number of years ago, I was on a Magic: The Gathering forum, where the heavy discussion was on players actually making purchases in the store they choose to play in for free. It was said that in the Pacific NW there are a lot of players who think they are gods of players and think that the stores should be paying them to play in their stores and they are above supporting the stores they play in.

A game store owner, friend of mine, told me that his store was riddled with players who though they were "elite" and would look down on other players and even be rude to them.

If you did not play the same games as them, or even play the same cards as them, you weren't as good as them. They would actually snub their noses at you.

you see this attitude quite often if you play any on line free roll poker tournaments.

Yeah, so, if this happens to Magic players and geeks as the article suggests, just think what happens to you if you have real wealth and power like, say politicians, world leaders, corporate executives and so on and so on. The haughty, self important, elitist attitude runs rampant.