• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,797 posts in this topic

It would kinda make sense to hold Anakin as the balance to the force, thus torn but bound to both the light and dark side.

However, having Ren born from the force as well, would totally upset the logic in that.

I think Ren is Luke's kid. It's the only thing that makes remote sense.

Her abandonment on Jakku, the similarity between Jakku and Tattoonie.

It would kinda make sense to hold Anakin as the balance to the force, thus torn but bound to both the light and dark side.

However, having Ren born from the force as well, would totally upset the logic in that.

Making Luke father of the year abandoning his kid outside of New Republic territory on a god-forsaken planet. I know I would choose to leave my child on that planet despite having other choices which would provide a comfortable life for my kid.

The best leaks tend to come from the artwork leaks. I don't have any inside knowledge on this, but comments from other trustworthy sources, have stated that this "leak" is total garbage. Doesn't sound credible to me either.

Edited by Rip

Do you know when we will have a lot of concrete evidence as to what is true or not true?

Either after SDCC2016, NY Toy Fair 2017, or SDCC2017. The secrets lay in the toy presentations and leaks.

Making Luke father of the year abandoning his kid outside of New Republic territory on a god-forsaken planet. I know I would choose to leave my child on that planet despite having other choices which would provide a comfortable life for my kid.

This leak has been around for months now. I really do not see much credibility in it, or at least I hope not. From what I understand it is one source, and not much has surfaced to back it up.

Edited by drotto

Father of the year or not, I think he'd rather have her alive on a junk planet than not.

I'm sure the irony is not lost, after all he was abandoned on a similar planet, and became the most powerful jedi.

Father of the year or not, I think he'd rather have her alive on a junk planet than not.

I'm sure the irony is not lost, after all he was abandoned on a similar planet, and became the most powerful jedi.

Luke was raised on a similar planet but not abandoned. He had his aunt and uncle to look after him. So far, we haven't seen anyone looking after Rey. She appears to have been abandoned. The junk buyer might be keeping an eye on her from afar.

I find I very interesting that the junk buyer offered an insane price for the droid BB-8. Then he tried to get BB-8 by other means when the offer was turned down. Was he trying to keep Rey from discovering something and possibly leaving Jakku?

No, he had heard of the bounty on the bot from the First Order.

I find I very interesting that the junk buyer offered an insane price for the droid BB-8. Then he tried to get BB-8 by other means when the offer was turned down. Was he trying to keep Rey from discovering something and possibly leaving Jakku?

No, he had heard of the bounty on the bot from the First Order.

Makes sense. I couldn't remember if that was before or after Poe was tortured.

Edit: word travels fast in a galaxy far far away. Like the internet :whee:

Edited by Catwomancomics

Do you know when we will have a lot of concrete evidence as to what is true or not true?

Either after SDCC2016, NY Toy Fair 2017, or SDCC2017. The secrets lay in the toy presentations and leaks.

We are barely going to get a Rogue One reveal at SDCC 2016. I don't imagine we will hear much toy wise until at least next summer.

We are barely going to get a Rogue One reveal at SDCC 2016. I don't imagine we will hear much toy wise until at least next summer.

Rogue 1 Lego Toy Images had leaked before the trailer was released. The studio heads and those directly involved in the film may be able to hold their tongues but these types of movies also rely on licensing. Due to the lead in it requires to manufacture their products, Hasbro, Lego and other companies were probably given a heads up and concept art before filming even commenced.

Toy leaks are movie spoilers best friends.

EDIT: And don't forget movie soundtracks, although many studios learned their lessons when the Episode 1: Phantom Menace soundtrack was released with the track "Qui Gon's Funeral"

Edited by Buzzetta

I hope Episode 8 is a good film but anyone else at this point now wish they would of went with the Zahn books? I didn't think I would long for a clone of the Emperor and a big blue bad guy but it could of been cooler to see than this rehashed clusterfux. :insane:

I said as much when TFA came out. The Zahn trilogy was a perfect followup to the OT. Unfortunately, the actors have aged and the movies were sold to Disney, who are not much into risk taking with these things. The original outline proposed for Iron Man 3 was the Demon in the Bottle story. Disney didn't want to risk making that movie because of their kid audience. So, we got a movie that made a ton when it came out, but is mostly disliked now. The same thoughts are going into these new Star Wars movies. That is why we'll be seeing the Millennium Falcon, X-Wing Fighters, and TIE Fighters as the main vehicles for this trilogy. We had the Star Wars galaxy reset to mirror the OT. The First Order is led by a Dark Jedi of some sort. The main threat was a giant planet destroying weapon. It is safe.

I hope Episode 8 is a good film but anyone else at this point now wish they would of went with the Zahn books? I didn't think I would long for a clone of the Emperor and a big blue bad guy but it could of been cooler to see than this rehashed clusterfux. :insane:

The Zahn trilogy was a perfect followup to the OT.

:luhv::headbang::cloud9:

I said as much when TFA came out. The Zahn trilogy was a perfect followup to the OT. Unfortunately, the actors have aged and the movies were sold to Disney, who are not much into risk taking with these things. The original outline proposed for Iron Man 3 was the Demon in the Bottle story. Disney didn't want to risk making that movie because of their kid audience. So, we got a movie that made a ton when it came out, but is mostly disliked now. The same thoughts are going into these new Star Wars movies. That is why we'll be seeing the Millennium Falcon, X-Wing Fighters, and TIE Fighters as the main vehicles for this trilogy. We had the Star Wars galaxy reset to mirror the OT. The First Order is led by a Dark Jedi of some sort. The main threat was a giant planet destroying weapon. It is safe.

Well said...

It's why I said I changed my mind after seeing it for a second time. The main Star Wars movies were about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker through his son Luke. Had they continued that theme with the ghost of Anakin guiding Luke or something along those lines... I would have probably seen the better fit with the original 6.