• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,797 posts in this topic

Had they continued that theme with the ghost of Anakin guiding Luke or something along those lines... I would have probably seen the better fit with the original 6.

Disney could still do it in Episode 8 to help tie it all together, but it probably won't happen. I understand why Disney focused on new characters in the first film. Disney needs to hand over the torch at some point in order to continue the story without the main characters from the OT.

Had they continued that theme with the ghost of Anakin guiding Luke or something along those lines... I would have probably seen the better fit with the original 6.

Disney could still do it in Episode 8 to help tie it all together, but it probably won't happen. I understand why Disney focused on new characters in the first film. Disney needs to hand over the torch at some point in order to continue the story without the main characters from the OT.

Those were intended to be separate storylines. Kennedy had said prior to production that the mainline Star Wars films were to continue the saga of the Skywalker family.

I guess one can say that they sort of did that with Episode 7. However, it was still a regurgitation of everything we had already seen. I am looking more forward to Rogue One than Episode VIII to be honest. I want to see new stories, not an essental redo.

I am looking more forward to Rogue One than Episode VIII to be honest. I want to see new stories, not an essental redo.

:applause: I agree 100% with this statement. :applause:

I want new and exciting stories that we haven't seen. I'm also looking forward to the stand alone Han Solo film. (thumbs u

Leia and Luke are still prominent in Episode VIII, so I'm not convinced we still won't see the ghost of Anakin. I'm hopeful we'll also see a conflicted Vader/Anakin ghost for Kylo.

Those were intended to be separate storylines. Kennedy had said prior to production that the mainline Star Wars films were to continue the saga of the Skywalker family.

I guess one can say that they sort of did that with Episode 7. However, it was still a regurgitation of everything we had already seen. I am looking more forward to Rogue One than Episode VIII to be honest. I want to see new stories, not an essental redo.

+1

1. I haven't seen rouge 1 .. thanks for the spoiler

2. It's already been said that filming wrapped up for this one a while back.

Sorry about the spoiler. Tarkin's CGI scenes were talked about in the Rogue One thread, so I didn't realize mentioning that would be a big deal. Edited by chezmtghut

To tell the truth, given the media attention surrounding the inclusion of certain characters using CGI as well as the recycling of stock footage with the original voice actors returning... I think the spoilers are pretty much out of the bag.

I have to be a realist... I can only wonder how this impacts the storyline moving forward.

I have the same thoughts. I trust Disney/Lucasfilm will use good judgement and change the story accordingly for the final episode.

Edited by rjrjr

Maybe they set it a few years in the future and mention it in the crawl that she has become one with the force or something like that. Perhaps they could pull a Padme and that the strain of Ben Solo completely turning to the Dark Side was too much for her or some wacky Jedi thing or something.

Because Leia was not a practiced force user like Luke, at least she would not have a dramatic impact on the storyline leading up to a confrontation with Snoke.

However... and I might be the first to say this...

I am calling this one now...

Buzzetta Prediction Time

Han is dead

Leia is dead

I can easily see the writers having no problem turning Luke into a Force Ghost to assist Rey in tackling Snoke and turning Ben Solo back toward the light.

The closing scene in Episode IX would be similar to the closing scene in Return of the Jedi as Rey, Poe, Finn and BB8 watch the Force Ghosts of Han Solo, Leia, and Luke along with Anakin, Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi. All they would have to do is do some CGI wizardry and combine the Jedi scenes from Endor.

Bam - called it. Let's see if I am right in three years.

Maybe they set it a few years in the future and mention it in the crawl that she has become one with the force or something like that. Perhaps they could pull a Padme and that the strain of Ben Solo completely turning to the Dark Side was too much for her or some wacky Jedi thing or something.

Because Leia was not a practiced force user like Luke, at least she would not have a dramatic impact on the storyline leading up to a confrontation with Snoke.

Buzzetta Prediction Time

Han is dead

Leia is dead

I can easily see the writers having no problem turning Luke into a Force Ghost to assist Rey in tackling Snoke and turning Ben Solo back toward the light.

The closing scene in Episode IX would be similar to the closing scene in Return of the Jedi as Rey, Poe, Finn and BB8 watch the Force Ghosts of Han Solo, Leia, and Luke along with Anakin, Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi. All they would have to do is do some CGI wizardry and combine the Jedi scenes from Endor.

That sounds horrible. I'm hoping for new stuff, not more rehashing of what we've already seen.

Buzzetta Prediction Time

Han is dead

Leia is dead

That sounds horrible. I'm hoping for new stuff, not more rehashing of what we've already seen.

So you must have disliked Episode VII as much as I did. lol