• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Bats 243

36 posts in this topic

I was pretty happy when I pulled this out of a dealers 50% off box at Chicago Comicfest this weekend....only paid $20 for it! cloud9.gif. A tough black cover with OW/W pages and perfect QP. There is a small 1/4" tear on the bottom of the back cover. LMK what you think, thanks....

Image Hosted by imagehosting.us

Image Hosted by imagehosting.us

9.2 provided that discoloration at the upper spine corner (seen on back cover) doesn't go through the whole book as a stain or something.

9.2 - That front cover is Sweet nice QP too sumo.gif

Even with the tear? I'd go 9.2 without the tear (the spine has too much stress for 9.4 and both spine corners are abraded), but with it I think 9.2 could be tough.

Even with the tear? I'd go 9.2 without the tear (the spine has too much stress for 9.4 and both spine corners are abraded), but with it I think 9.2 could be tough.

I'm swayed by the front cover - I'm looking for the spine stress (hitting the monitor) I'm NOT seeing it. Check on the LLC abrasion though, that and the tear = no 9.4.

I'm swayed by the front cover - I'm looking for the spine stress (hitting the monitor) I'm NOT seeing it. Check on the LLC abrasion though, that and the tear = no 9.4.

Take a look between the red lines. You may have to go up to the original picture though and just look at the spots where the red lines are on this one. Saving this one on my machine made it a little fuzzy.

batman243.jpg

Take a look between the red lines. You may have to go up to the original picture though and just look at the spots where the red lines are on this one. Saving this one on my machine made it a little fuzzy.

batman243.jpg

Yes Scott I can see them now, but I had to save and blow up the brightness etc to do it. Those look pretty faint to me - but on second thought Scott may be right its a POS 9.0 sell it to me for $20 right away. hail.gif Thanks for showing me the light counsellor ( gossip.gif I still think its a 9.2), when is eveybody going out for dinner again wink.gif

Just to clarify, there is no stain on the upper back corner and 2 of the stress lines pointed out by FFB don't exist...one is part of the cover art and the other is a scanner artifact. Thanks for the input so far. thumbsup2.gif

The top staple does appear to have some stress to it still I think the Fanboy in me is swayed - great book man.

Thanks. There is some stress on the staples but the whites are so bright and the QP is so tight I couldn't care less about a few spine ticks. I have been looking for this one for awhile, copies that show up on eBay in good shape always go for close to guide since the black cover is so tough. I was surprised to get it so cheap. confused-smiley-013.gif

a very nice book! 9.0 or better.

Get off the fence Sterling throw down the Gauntlett, your either with us, or a Lawyer. poke2.gif

I was going to light into you for saying that because I had submitted a specific number grade, but then I went back and checked and realized that I kind of fudged it a bit on this one too. blush.gif27_laughing.gif