• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Bats 243

36 posts in this topic

a very nice book! 9.0 or better.

Get off the fence Sterling throw down the Gauntlett, your either with us, or a Lawyer. poke2.gif

Well, my wife will soon be a Paralegal... does that count?

9.0 sumo.gif

boo.gif

Get off the fence Sterling throw down the Gauntlett, your either with us, or a Lawyer. poke2.gif

I was going to light into you for saying that because I had submitted a specific number grade, but then I went back and checked and realized that I kind of fudged it a bit on this one too. blush.gif27_laughing.gif

And I was going to retract my assertion because we havent agreed on a price for those books yet, looks like my big mouth is gonna cost me again. 10_9_205.gif

I was going to light into you for saying that because I had submitted a specific number grade, but then I went back and checked and realized that I kind of fudged it a bit on this one too. blush.gif27_laughing.gif

And I was going to retract my assertion because we havent agreed on a price for those books yet, looks like my big mouth is gonna cost me again. 10_9_205.gif

Just pay me whatever you think they're worth.

Too harsh, everybody. There may be reasons to down-grade this book, but I doubt spine stress is one of them. Please refer to dam60's CGC 9.6 copy of Batman 251 for an example of spine stresses allowed by CGC on high grade books of this period. thumbsup2.gif

Now, I haven't blown up the scan of the 243, but based on what I can see and with the news that the top right hand corner of the back cover is not really a stain, if this were in a grading contest, I'd say CGC 9.4 headbang.gif

Too harsh, everybody. There may be reasons to down-grade this book, but I doubt spine stress is one of them. Please refer to dam60's CGC 9.6 copy of Batman 251 for an example of spine stresses allowed by CGC on high grade books of this period. thumbsup2.gif

Now, I haven't blown up the scan of the 243, but based on what I can see and with the news that the top right hand corner of the back cover is not really a stain, if this were in a grading contest, I'd say CGC 9.4 headbang.gif

The corners on Dam's book are superior, but I agree with the minute spine stress, which is why I said 9.2. October just send it in or sell it to me already makepoint.gif

The corners on Dam's book are superior, but I agree with the minute spine stress, which is why I said 9.2. October just send it in or sell it to me already makepoint.gif

I have never sent a book in to be graded. confused-smiley-013.gif I don't have any real interest in getting books slabbed. I'm never selling this one, it goes into my "keep forever" pile of HG stuff....a pile about 6 books high. tongue.gif

uhhh... didn't he say he was keeping it forever? I doubt $60 would make me part with that book (although a reasonable effort).

Yeah, I don't think I will be parting with this one unless lightning strikes and I decide to sell my whole collection.