• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your thoughts on how the comic book market will play out in 2016?

54 posts in this topic

The walking dead bubble is going to get bigger..not burst...the show is coming close to negan and is as big as ever right now...plus the comic still is one of the best sellers on a month to month basis....I predict prices of early negan to rise before the end of 2016

Negan's first appearance is #100, right?

I don't see much movement on those, except in the rare variants.

Cover A is also selling consistently for 20 a pop since he's on the cover with Lucille. Out of the total print run on #100 only a fraction are cover A.

Once he appears on the show I expect them to jump.

The walking dead bubble is going to get bigger..not burst...the show is coming close to negan and is as big as ever right now...plus the comic still is one of the best sellers on a month to month basis....I predict prices of early negan to rise before the end of 2016

Cover A is also selling consistently for 20 a pop since he's on the cover with Lucille. Out of the total print run on #100 only a fraction are cover A.

2nd print in 9.8 is catching some heat also. The $9.99 chromium cover has been a disappointment. I'm guessing any of the covers in 9.9 or better will do well compared to what they sold for 6 months ago.

I forsee the following....

1. Anytime anyone says they are "100 percent certain" of something happening in the world of comics and comic related properties, it won't.

2. There will be handful of Bronze Age key books which start to take off, followed by half the people screaming that it's just the beginning for these books, and the other half saying it's fool's gold.

3. People will use Spider-Gwen as an example for almost every point they make about comic speculation, good or bad.

4. As the Deadpool movie nears, Deadpool fans will claim he's bigger than Wolverine... which will anger Wolverine fans to no end... whose fans years early had been arguing that Wolverine was bigger than Spider-Man, angering Spider-Man fans to no end... who years early had been arguing that Spider-Man was bigger than Superman, angering Superman fans to no end... who years earlier had been dead for several decades.

Oh and the Deadpool movie will be pretty funny. Box office? Who knows. But it will be funny.

5. There will be some obscure article about the death of comic books or comic book art that someone will find and post a link to here, which will send people into a tizzy for weeks.

6. There will be some obscure article about the death of comic book movies that someone will find and post a link to here, which will send people into a tizzy for weeks.

7. People will use the articles in #5 and #6 to say "see, I told you so!" about points they made years ago that no one remembers, or cares about. Oh and they'll mention Spider-Gwen in that too.

8. Crazy stuff will happen on ebay with sellers and buyers. And people here will discuss it. Somehow this will portend the end to online selling, the end of speculation, and bad news overall for the comic book market. See #7 for the response.

9. I am 100 percent certain that all of the above will happen this year. ;)

Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Frank

Due to unscrupulous self-serving hype by certain dealers, there will be a massive increase in interest in the early works of Ramos Jorge, as well as a resurgence of excitement for C-Bard publications.

This is a 100% certainty.

I predict 2016 will be a duplicate of 2015. New hot movies and new hot books but I don't see there being much change next year in the general market. Possibly less comic cons or some consolidation since the Con craze seems to be ebbing a bit.

i see a correction in the high prices of minor bronze age keys and the gap grow on 9.8s as the premium is sure to rise as further market saturation occurs. likewise low-grade silver age (specifically D.C. keys) will rise in price as the rest of the golden/silver age books rise in price.

I forsee the following....

1. Anytime anyone says they are "100 percent certain" of something happening in the world of comics and comic related properties, it won't.

2. There will be handful of Bronze Age key books which start to take off, followed by half the people screaming that it's just the beginning for these books, and the other half saying it's fool's gold.

3. People will use Spider-Gwen as an example for almost every point they make about comic speculation, good or bad.

4. As the Deadpool movie nears, Deadpool fans will claim he's bigger than Wolverine... which will anger Wolverine fans to no end... whose fans years early had been arguing that Wolverine was bigger than Spider-Man, angering Spider-Man fans to no end... who years early had been arguing that Spider-Man was bigger than Superman, angering Superman fans to no end... who years earlier had been dead for several decades.

Oh and the Deadpool movie will be pretty funny. Box office? Who knows. But it will be funny.

5. There will be some obscure article about the death of comic books or comic book art that someone will find and post a link to here, which will send people into a tizzy for weeks.

6. There will be some obscure article about the death of comic book movies that someone will find and post a link to here, which will send people into a tizzy for weeks.

7. People will use the articles in #5 and #6 to say "see, I told you so!" about points they made years ago that no one remembers, or cares about. Oh and they'll mention Spider-Gwen in that too.

8. Crazy stuff will happen on ebay with sellers and buyers. And people here will discuss it. Somehow this will portend the end to online selling, the end of speculation, and bad news overall for the comic book market. See #7 for the response.

9. I am 100 percent certain that all of the above will happen this year. ;)

Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Frank

That's good stuff! I can't say that I get every reference but good stuff nonetheless.

That's true of all them. Hey, 9/10ths is a fraction, right...? ;)

That would be nice. I have about 20 copies of various flavors. It's one of the very, very few modern comics I bought multiples of when it came out.

I am 100% certain that prices will explode. Buy now while you still can. I will be starting a sales thread soon. If history is any indication, any book I sell will triple to hextuple in value within 2-10 weeks.