• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your thoughts on how the comic book market will play out in 2016?

54 posts in this topic

My thoughts and observation about the upcoming year in comics.

I see a banner year ahead.

The movie hype comics will continue to be popular,as Batman vs. Superman and Captain America:Civil War break box office records.

The Marvel silver,bronze and copper keys will continue to grow in value.

People will start to take the modern variants a lot more serious as investments.

Digital comics will start to replace the modern floppy as the main way to read comics.

Not overtake,but it will become much more acceptable to go digital.

Valiant comics start to pick up steam!

Saga gets a movie or TV deal that starts a frenzy not seen since the Walking Dead.

In fact Saga becomes the next Walking Dead.

If anybody wants to add to this please be my guess.

Happy New Year!

2016 will be a banner year for comics!

Alright, I'll make a few guesses.

Comic book movies continue to break box office records. Bats v Superman and Civil War are the front runners, along with Star Wars Rogue One.

2016 begins the decline of comic book movie keys/1sts, we'll see most inflated prices drop back down to pre-2012 levels at the end of 2016. This does not include ASM 300 or NM 98.

Batman v Superman gets poor reviews but the casual movie going crowds love it, X-Men 3/Spider-Man 3 style.

Golden and Silver age keys will continue to rise in value, more comparisons/articles on investing in gold/silver comics as an alternative to gold or stocks.

Overstreet announces mobile comic price guide plans, probably subscription based.

The Walking Dead bubble bursts, series finale is announced for 2017.

Preacher is a flop, AMC only produces 2 seasons.

Happy New Year!

The walking dead bubble is going to get bigger..not burst...the show is coming close to negan and is as big as ever right now...plus the comic still is one of the best sellers on a month to month basis....I predict prices of early negan to rise before the end of 2016

The walking dead bubble is going to get bigger..not burst...the show is coming close to negan and is as big as ever right now...plus the comic still is one of the best sellers on a month to month basis....I predict prices of early negan to rise before the end of 2016

IDK man, don't you think it's kinda jumped the shark? Negan/gov'nor what's the diff?

If the economy hits a soft patch then I think we could see a real slow down in some of these CGC label chasers. Prices are a bit frothy in certain pockets.

Comic book OA will continue to go up regardless. It is simply still too cheap.

Negan's first appearance is #100, right?

I don't see much movement on those, except in the rare variants.

The hunt for restored GA keys and possibly even SA keys will escalate in earnest as the maximization of potential appears to have now shifted into restored books, with the big dollars being realized on UHG Extensively restored books that were once previously designated as lower grade Slight or Moderately restored books.

Fun times all over again. :facepalm::censored:

IDK man, don't you think it's kinda jumped the shark? Negan/gov'nor what's the diff?

Negan had a potty mouth

The hunt for restored GA keys and possibly even SA keys will escalate in earnest as the maximization of potential appears to have now shifted into restored books, with the big dollars being realized on UHG Extensively restored books that were once previously designated as lower grade Slight or Moderately restored books.

Fun times all over again. :facepalm::censored:

:ohnoez::tonofbricks:

Looks as though you might be missing all of the fun and controversy that's taking place in the Gold Comics Forum right now on this very subject matter. :gossip:lol

Anybody for a Pep 22 in 9.6 or a Hulk #1 or Showcase #4, both of which are in 9.8 graded condition. :P