• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been 50 YEARS...show us your books from 1966!

262 posts in this topic

This book is actually from 1965, but is dated Jan 1966. While it is from the infamous drugstore, it has a dust shadow...but this comic was the catalyst for me to seek out golden age books.

2qbawl5.jpg

..... and someday I hope to own a Superman 19.......although I expect it will be more than 30 dollars. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This book is actually from 1965, but is dated Jan 1966. While it is from the infamous drugstore, it has a dust shadow...but this comic was the catalyst for me to seek out golden age books.

2qbawl5.jpg

..... and someday I hope to own a Superman 19.......although I expect it will be more than 30 dollars. GOD BLESS....

Mine was $10 at Collector's Bookstore...in 1966...I was surprised to find both those stories in the same book...I think it's at least a $30 book today... hm

2j67d6p.jpg

2qbawl5.jpg

Mine was $10 at Collector's Bookstore...in 1966...I was surprised to find both those stories in the same book...I think it's at least a $30 book today... hm

2j67d6p.jpg

(worship)

2qbawl5.jpg

2j67d6p.jpg

(worship)

I'm sure you have many books I would covet, Jim... hm

A reprint book for Marvel's new fans in 1966.

FM2F%20Apr66_zpsrkoaqlwb.jpg

Between FM, MT, and MCIC, it was hard NOT to become a back issue collector back in the day. The first back issue I ever bought through the mail was Marvel Tales 4..... I had seen the ads and wanted to read what I thought was the first Vulture. When I got it a couple of months later I realized it was actually the second Vulture.... but I was hooked on mail order. GOD BLESS...

What a great start to this year's "LOOK BACK" !! Fascinating with the Drugstore Collection...can't wait to see the Marvels... :baiting:

Anyway...2 days into 2016...keep 'em coming... :headbang:

Well, I hate ta pop yer balloon there...but there aren't any drugstore Marvels. I didn't start buying marvel until ASM 116 hit the stands. All my back issue ASMs from that point were bought at shows, stores, or from other collectors. I totally missed the SA Marvel phenomenon... :sorry: