• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2016 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

542 posts in this topic

2Xah6hV.jpg

We all remember playing DOOM right? Well with the release of the latest DOOM installment recently, I thought It would be cool to homage the orginal box art. So here you go.

The enemy on the bottom left looks a bit like Death's Head 2! Too bad it's not the original Death's Head, yes?

2Xah6hV.jpg

We all remember playing DOOM right? Well with the release of the latest DOOM installment recently, I thought It would be cool to homage the orginal box art. So here you go.

The enemy on the bottom left looks a bit like Death's Head 2! Too bad it's not the original Death's Head, yes?

Wow, I didn't notice that. I didn't request it. It does look a lot like him, but I think it's just a coincidence.

Originally, I wanted the the devil spawn to be replaced with Decepticons.

This has a tear on the bottom back cover. To make up for it, Eric drew the extra sketch on the back. Hard to complain about that.

2906161853281_zpsob3usx1g.jpg

2906161853302_zpssk7tffmt.jpg

I would try contacting him again. He's pretty active online.

While not listed on the Boston Comic Con site, he will have a booth set up there in August. You can probably arrange to pick something up from him there.

Any tips for getting sketches done remotely, or would you recommend I just go to shows (which is a big time/cost investment)? I've done the whole cold call email thing, but I can't imagine that's a good experience for the artist (and I rarely get responses anyhow)...

Any tips for getting sketches done remotely, or would you recommend I just go to shows (which is a big time/cost investment)? I've done the whole cold call email thing, but I can't imagine that's a good experience for the artist (and I rarely get responses anyhow)...

I've done cold e-mailing of artists. Especially those who don't come to cons or are located in other countries.

Derek Yanigar

My first cold e-mail. Super nice guy.

I just published a youtube video/Podcast about what it was like contacting him.

jHGoNVe.png

Stephen Baskerville

Found him via E-bay to make the sketch request. Again, really nice guy and easy to work with.

1MLNE7x.jpg

Dan Khanna

I wrote about this experience.

W6vaiVM.jpg

But you can't get those yellow label, correct?

My knowledge in this department are very minimal. I honestly don't know what is required to send these off to have authenticated and graded. What I do is keep a paper trail of every sketch I have commissioned. Should I ever decide to sell these one day, I'll have a paper trail to go with it. Since I've never heard or see of a sketch cover fake or fraud being sold I feel pretty good about how I document these. Maybe in the future it will be more of an issue.

Correct.....unless you have the artist hold on to them and bring to a con to be picked up by a witness....otherwise you'll save yourself about $75 to put towards a new sketch cover!

Correct.....unless you have the artist hold on to them and bring to a con to be picked up by a witness....otherwise you'll save yourself about $75 to put towards a new sketch cover!

Good to know. I have so few graded books. Just not a focus of my collecting currently.