• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2016 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

542 posts in this topic

Are the grades due to marks on the back? That's usually the case.... If so you could always get another sketch on the back. I wish CGC would have a non-grade option for sketches & celebs

Are the grades due to marks on the back? That's usually the case.... If so you could always get another sketch on the back. I wish CGC would have a non-grade option for sketches & celebs

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that once the "defect" on the back is noted in the grader notes that it'll still grade that grade or lower even if another sketch is done over it.

If I wanted to slab a board instead of a blank comic, what is the largest size that can be slabbed and what does cgc charge to slab a board? I like the larger surface area to get a sketch on and not worrying about the grade.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that once the "defect" on the back is noted in the grader notes that it'll still grade that grade or lower even if another sketch is done over it.

No, whoever told you that was mistaken. You can crack slabs and just erase the back depending on if what is on it is in pencil or not and this can boost the grade. Allegedly when books are regraded the graders never see the original information, grades or notes. You can definitely get a sketch done over ink lines or marks and it will fix that "defect." I put that in quotes because it should not affect the grade at all since it should not matter if the artist makes a stray line on the front or back. Keep in mind that if there are gouge marks, drawing over that will not fix anything since the gouge will still be there.

If I wanted to slab a board instead of a blank comic, what is the largest size that can be slabbed and what does cgc charge to slab a board? I like the larger surface area to get a sketch on and not worrying about the grade.

$15.00 is the price and it comes in the thin well, which is like an inner well. These are the same as the ones that they put celebrity photographs in. There are three holes on the left side so that they could be placed in a binder. The largest size that I have is 8 1/2" X 11", although I do not know what the largest size is. I have attempted to call and find out, but the person on the other end of the phone had no clue of what I was talking about. I will be heading to a show this weekend and intend to try to find out. I will post what I am told afterwards.

$15.00 is the price and it comes in the thin well, which is like an inner well. These are the same as the ones that they put celebrity photographs in. There are three holes on the left side so that they could be placed in a binder. The largest size that I have is 8 1/2" X 11", although I do not know what the largest size is. I have attempted to call and find out, but the person on the other end of the phone had no clue of what I was talking about. I will be heading to a show this weekend and intend to try to find out. I will post what I am told afterwards.

Awesome! Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks!

So I asked at the convention but no one was sure, but I was told to contact Bree. I will send an email to her and try to find out what the largest size paper is. I will let you know what I am told.