• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restoration significance

6 posts in this topic

First, I am relatively new to collecting comics but certainly taking an active interest in learning. I have acquired a showcase 22 comic, graded by cgc as 4.0 with restoration noted. The description of the restoration suggests very minor work. How much does the extent of restoration matter in determining value? Also, is it possible to remove this modest restoration for purposes of resubmission and regrading?

It states "restoration includes small amount of glue on spine"

159897.jpeg.81846598402fa2d29c99180b5b607755.jpeg

First, I am relatively new to collecting comics but certainly taking an active interest in learning. I have acquired a showcase 22 comic, graded by cgc as 4.0 with restoration noted. The description of the restoration suggests very minor work. How much does the extent of restoration matter in determining value? Also, is it possible to remove this modest restoration for purposes of resubmission and regrading?

It states "restoration includes small amount of glue on spine"

You might get a fuller description of where the glue is and how much of it there is from the grader's notes. You can send it to CCS for an evaluation. If you can have the glue removed without significantly reducing the grade, it should be worth doing.

there is glue on the cover doing something restorative.

depending on how much glue is there and how much 'restoration' it's doing it might come off and be worth of a resubmit.

if it's tiny enough, it might not affect the grade too much (if at all)