• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Comic Con - March 5, NYC

108 posts in this topic

Planing making the trip from L.A, how are the crowds compare to NYCC?

Much smaller scale. A single day with a lot of people squeezed into the show floor at the Penn Plaza Pavilion. Not really sure it's the east coast show I would be adding, if I were coming in from LA.

Much smaller scale. A single day with a lot of people squeezed into the show floor at the Penn Plaza Pavilion. Not really sure it's the east coast show I would be adding, if I were coming in from LA.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this show is geared more toward comic books and a lot less cosplay going on, right? :wishluck:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this show is geared more toward comic books and a lot less cosplay going on, right? :wishluck:

I think that's right: As a fraction of what's going on there is less cosplay, fewer artists, fewer celebrity guests, and more comics.

Almost no cosplay. It's dealers, comic buyers and a hand full of creators signing books.
The way it used to be :cloud9: I'm pumped to be going. Cant wait :banana:

Makes me think I better get there before you! :D

Almost no cosplay. It's dealers, comic buyers and a hand full of creators signing books.

If you get there real early on Sunday, you'll be just fine. :idea:

If you get there real early on Sunday, you'll be just fine. :idea:

I kinda like to sleep in Sundays, though. hm

+1000

I certainly wouldn't go across the country for it, but I am jaded and have been to so many Mike Carbonaro shows so maybe that means a little.

But if you do decide to come east let us know and dinner, or maybe just lunch as I hit that con and quit it pretty quickly, is on me.

planning making it a 2 day family trip go to the show and visit everything around the show next day, but can someone tell me if I will find good supply of OA in this show? specially GA?

email the dealers attending and see if they can bring stuff you want to see

Glancing at the dealer list Anthony Snyder and Metropolis will be there. They would both definitely bring whatever you ask them to if you give them the lead time.

planning making it a 2 day family trip go to the show and visit everything around the show next day, but can someone tell me if I will find good supply of OA in this show? specially GA?

email the dealers attending and see if they can bring stuff you want to see

Glancing at the dealer list Anthony Snyder and Metropolis will be there. They would both definitely bring whatever you ask them to if you give them the lead time.

Cool, I will ??

Yes, part of the deal with Wizard was that Mike could do a one-day show each year. After Mike got the brand back from wizard (I don't know if he bought it or it reverted back to him after a few years of Wizard not using it) he decided that he would do better focusing all his energy on one one-day show a year and simply being a part of other shows like NY Wintercon that running himself ragged with four or more shows a year.

Whoops! Scooped again! Thanks, you often seem to be the first one to post about these shows (which is a little embarrassing considering my position as promoter of the show). I couldn't find it when I was looking for it, so I posed this. I hope I will see you there!

Sounds like fun. With the stock market down about 15 percent this year buyer's at the show should do well.

Sellers and buyers alike will do well at this show, regardless of the stock market.The show is comics oriented with the majority of dealers being straight up comic dealers.There is very little emphasis on Cosplay so there is stiff competition.

The show is basically right in the heart of Manhattan NYC....and NYC collectors are not effected by a 15% stock market drop like collectors would be in an area an hour south, like Secaucus NJ.

In other words, Manhattan is an affluent area and buyers there are not the same sort that you'd encounter in the armpit of Jersey ;)