• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FYI for eBay Bucks + PayPal

5 posts in this topic

Don't know if this is new to anyone else, but when I used part of my eBay Bucks this morning to pay for an item I also saw the same amount deducted on my PayPal account. i.e. It appeared as if I was paying twice for the same item.

I contacted eBay who referred me to the "Classic" version of the PayPal site; on that version I was able to see the -$53.75 from my account as well as a "+" next to that. Once I clicked on the "+" I saw a corresponding eBay Voucher for $53.75 -- effectively zero-ing out the purchase.

paypal_zpswus8ool1.jpg

No idea why this even goes through PayPal and/or why the new PayPal site isn't more transparent when this happens.

Got me a little anxious for a few minutes -- and I couldn't find anything on eBay's "Help" pages -- so I hope this helps at least one other person out.

For some reason I thought about this more earlier today; figured that it shows up in PayPal b/c the seller of the book actually does get paid through PP, so some form of accounting. Still weird how the voucher is hidden (or completely missing?) in the "enhanced" version.

Noticed this too and just assumed I'd take it as an L... didn't feel like calling in etc.

Thought maybe I'd have to redeem some certificate or some BS.

Good to know I did pay the reduced amount.