• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not a most wanted list?

40 posts in this topic

I am wondering what some of you would say is the most elusive book you have been trying to find. Not necessarily the most "valuable" books ,i.e. Action 1, Tec 27 etc. But, what book can you never seem to find even if cash was in hand to buy? Those true "holy grail" items. Right now for me it would have to be Amazing Man 25. Saw one 5 years ago and haven't seen since.

Centaurs in general are hard to find since the best copies or even the lower ones have found homes.The problem with certain books is if you sell it forget about seeing it again for many years.That's the way it goes with some books the rare are rare because you never see them.The market has been crazy for some oddballs just look a the prices some have gotten lately. :cry:

For me it has been Adventure Comics 36. There are some issue of early Adventure (and some New Adventure) that I see at least once a year, but not this one. The only copies I've seen up for sale were the Mile High/Church copy and a frankenstein copy that was on eBay with the cover to 36 and a different interior.

Amazing Man 25. Saw one 5 years ago and haven't seen since.

Did you see this one coming up in Heritage next month?

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/amazing-man-comics-25-centaur-1941-cgc-vg-40-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7124-51061.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

I hadn't seen this. Thanks for the link. Not sure how I missed this, I have a couple other lots I'm watching.

Elusive overall, I'm not sure...but I spent quite a bit of time looking for a good-looking copy of Submariner Comics #29 that had nice pages and no transfer stains. I even considered buying a copy with some minor restoration that came up on the block, and I never buy restored books. I don't have the budget for one now, but for a long time, I would have been happy to pay a strong price for one but just couldn't dig one up. It's common enough in the lower grades, but I was looking for VF or above.

Human Torch # 32

That one's been on my want list as well. I was contemplating making an offer on a copy that Richie Muchin had for sale, but someone else snagged it.

Two seemingly "regular" books have eluded me for years.....

Rangers Comics 3

Black Terror 24

Rangers #3 is on my list too, definitely a tough book (I need #2 as well).

Elusive overall, I'm not sure...but I spent quite a bit of time looking for a good-looking copy of Submariner Comics #29 that had nice pages and no transfer stains. I even considered buying a copy with some minor restoration that came up on the block, and I never buy restored books. I don't have the budget for one now, but for a long time, I would have been happy to pay a strong price for one but just couldn't dig one up. It's common enough in the lower grades, but I was looking for VF or above.

Human Torch # 32

That one's been on my want list as well. I was contemplating making an offer on a copy that Richie Muchin had for sale, but someone else snagged it.

Best Sub 29 that I have been able to find in 20 years

Sub%2029%20cgc%206.0_zpsmaxfhbz2.jpeg