• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Factor #5 and #6 -- APOCALYPSE!

11 posts in this topic

Wow that's cool! Awesome opening to the character. I may need an xfactor 5 eventually...

I've always thought this one is 'pushing it' on 'cameo'.

Has a panel to himself, full bust, talks, says his own name, states his goals, sort of makes a motion. I'll grant you that he's wearing a mask here, although most superheroes and villains wear masks anyways.

Not to get into it again, but MOS 17 is more of a cameo, Xmen Annual 14 is more of a cameo. This one IMO should be the true 1st app. But alas, I have no problem letting the market decide.

It's kind of the "exactly the same as Hulk 180 with Wolverine" situation. Stands there, introduces himself. Seen pretty much fully. Just doesn't actually impact the story at all (take those panels out & put into the next issue, story doesn't change)

So if we call Hulk 180 a cameo, so is this.

It's kind of the "exactly the same as Hulk 180 with Wolverine" situation. Stands there, introduces himself. Seen pretty much fully. Just doesn't actually impact the story at all (take those panels out & put into the next issue, story doesn't change)

Though I'm not disputing your choice of example, there are some differences.

"[Apocalypse] Stands there..."

Wolverine is leaping into action.

"... introduces himself [to the reader]..."

Wolverine introduces himself to the main characters (a bit of a stretch, but a difference nonetheless).

"Seen pretty much fully"

Huge difference here of course. Wolverine appears as he's meant to be seen.

"Just doesn't actually impact the story at all"

While it may not be much, in comparison to the Apocalypse one-panel, Wolverine's one-panel is much bigger as he interrupts the battle for which the whole issue was written.

I suppose the two belong in the same '1st appearances via cameo' category, but within that category I think they're on opposite ends.

Though I'm not disputing your choice of example, there are some differences.

"[Apocalypse] Stands there..."

Wolverine is leaping into action.

"... introduces himself [to the reader]..."

Wolverine introduces himself to the main characters (a bit of a stretch, but a difference nonetheless).

"Seen pretty much fully"

Huge difference here of course. Wolverine appears as he's meant to be seen.

"Just doesn't actually impact the story at all"

While it may not be much, in comparison to the Apocalypse one-panel, Wolverine's one-panel is much bigger as he interrupts the battle for which the whole issue was written.

I suppose the two belong in the same '1st appearances via cameo' category, but within that category I think they're on opposite ends.

They're both playing basketball, but Wolverine is the Warriors and Apoc is the Sixers....