• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Notable letter writers?

28 posts in this topic

I remember T.M. Maple well. Anyone remember Elvis Orton out of Kentucky?

My memory could be faulty, but I seem to recall that he also went by "Uncle Elvis". Seemed like he had letters published in every mainstream comic in the mid 80s to early 90s.

There are known letter hacks, and people who'd become comic creators but I can't recall anyone who is actually famed outside of it (like GRRM).

Who is R. R. Martin????(shrug)

been on the internet so long I cant tell real questions versus sarcasm

real answer: George RR Martin is the writer of the amazingly popular Game of Thrones series of books (still ongoing) which have also been adapted to a wildly successful HBO series that is about to start it's 6th season in april.

The book series is called A Song of Ice and Fire. The TV adaptation is just called Game of Thrones, taking the first novel in the series, A Game of Thrones.

Seriously, I had no idea they were one and the same. I guess I've been living under a rock.