• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craigslist Err Winners

27 posts in this topic

Bahahahah! Check out those xmen #1s!!! Huge profit to be made there. A silver surfer prismatic foil card? Oh my god I hope no one bought that yet!

This is basically a scam hoping to lure some poor soul who knows nothing about collectibles into a buy that's probably worth about 100 dollars tops if that and only for the star wars figures...most everything else appears worthless at first look.

Read the description

He says his paypal account is locked, I wonder why?

Then he talks about over charging for shipping as being the key to making a huge profit on Ebay, and then goes on to give directions on how to do it.

It's a nice insight into the world of a shipping fees profiteer.

I'm wondering how he can keep his shipping costs low enough to profit on $4.95.

Last I checked (admittedly several years ago), you could only do that if you sent a comic in a manila envelope with two pieces of cardboard and shipped media mail for $2.65.

You can charge 4.95 per book then add 4.95 shipping then when they buy the books add a final shipping/sorting fee of 7.95-making a great profit for you!

Buyers won't notice trust me I do this with my Paypal account all the time.

I like the subtle correlation between Stormwatch and Action #1....yeah I posted those just because I rarely see anything of any real worth on craigslist.