• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mar 20th Local Philly Show

13 posts in this topic

Monkeyhouse Entertainment will be set up at the Philly show Sunday. It will be our first Philly show since last years Wizard World and Philly was good to us then. We will have lots of quality comics from 1990-2005 at a buck a pop. Maybe a box or 2 of Silver and some Pre-Code stuff.

For all you local to the Philly area, go check out the local show which is a lot of fun. You probably won't find that super high grade gem, but you will find plenty of great books, from time to time, unearth some very nice deals:

www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

Got any Bongos?

So... if there are any forumites attending this show, feel free to grab me as I'm hanging out at Al Stoltz, Gary Platt, or Koop's booth... if you don't know what I look like, I'm sure there's some picture around here on the forums -- or just go up to a Korean guy who's in a button down shirt and ask if he's foolkiller... 27_laughing.gif

hope to see some of you guys there.

I'll be there!! I like this show. It's small and quiet and the dealers are the ones I like to buy from anyway!!

It's a lot less hassle than the Big Apple Show, for me anyways.

I was wondering, I need a few books. Maybe some of you can help me out. I don't really care if I buy from a dealer, but I would rather buy from a fellow comic lover. The book I have in my sights is......................X-Men #2!!!! I need this book badly. I would like a Fine copy, but VG is also welcomed!!!

I also need a Journey into Mystery #85 and #93. VG copies of both books are good enough for me.

Look for me around noontime. I'll be wearing my standard "Phil Lesh and Friends" tee shirt.

Glenn cool.gif

Philly continues to have a good local monthly show. With the new Guide coming out in a week, the room was devoid of early high grade Marvels, but there were still plenty of beauties of other genres to be had. I'll post some more later (gotta go watch the Madness), but here is a little of today's haul:

Al Stoltz/Basement Comix continues to bring out amazingly fresh and white books from a stellar late Silver-early Bronze collection:

HOM193.jpg

BB81.jpg

Jeff Weaver/Mad Cow Comics can be counted on to have a nice and varied assortment of Gold, Silver and Bronze. I picked up this giant with near-perfect registration, for showing off a terrific wrap-around cover:

supes252.jpg

'Nova makes the sweet 16 (whereas my beloved Quakers failed to win a game once again), so it's a banner day here in Philly.

Two more beauties from today's show, as I remind all to SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL COMIC SHOWS! Rocketman: there is another small Philly show April 17, but I suspect that both Basement and Mad Cow will first be at the next Big Apple show, if you want to check out their goods.

Here is another from Jeff/Mad Cow, which leads me to ponder: what is Spock's "impulsion"?

STrek6.jpg

And, finally, here is one from Gary Platt, whose stock may be a tad disorganized, but is always graded fairly:

bats399.jpg

The local Philly show was a nice one as usual. I don't know who asked about Al Stoltz's east coast schedule, but I believe he's doing Pittsburgh and Wiz World Philly this year.

I picked up a couple of decent books:

Avengers 19 VF

Avengers 24 VF

Avengers 64 VF/NM

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular 15 VF/NM

Action Comics 363 NM-

all those via trade.

Batman 227 F+

Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane 112 NM-

Detective Comics 411 VF/NM

from Jeff Weaver