• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Comics Hacked?

96 posts in this topic

I got the e-mails as well. I checked my pw for that site via Safari and it was a Safari generated pw. So it's not something I would have used elsewhere. Now as long as my cc info wasn't compromised, l should be ok. :wishluck:

How would they pay for it I wonder?

They still need paypal or CC

Some people use the same email and password for multiple sites. Not too smart, but it's common. So, they get your email and password from hacking Bob's site, then check Amazon to see if you use the same sign-on info there. Amazon does store your credit card info, so they could buy whatever the heck they want.

Of course, you'd get an email saying you just bought a 70 inch TV, but maybe some folks don't pay enough attention to their email?

Some people use the same email and password for multiple sites. Not too smart, but it's common. So, they get your email and password from hacking Bob's site, then check Amazon to see if you use the same sign-on info there. Amazon does store your credit card info, so they could buy whatever the heck they want.

Of course, you'd get an email saying you just bought a 70 inch TV, but maybe some folks don't pay enough attention to their email?

Or they change your email address and password when they get in and lock you out.

Or they change your email address and password when they get in and lock you out.

Although I think you will get an e-mail from Amazon telling you that the change in e-mail address had been made.

Does anyone happen to remember the password requirements on HGC? I tend to use one password for what I consider low risk sites, but sometimes the password requirements dictate that I can't. I rarely use Bob's site and don't really remember what my password was, so this info would be helpful.

Does anyone happen to remember the password requirements on HGC? I tend to use one password for what I consider low risk sites, but sometimes the password requirements dictate that I can't. I rarely use Bob's site and don't really remember what my password was, so this info would be helpful.

I just changed mine to an all alpha password with no problem.

I got the email and have no recollection of signing up at that site. I've never purchased anything from this site

:shrug:

I signed up for you.

I got the email and have no recollection of signing up at that site. I've never purchased anything from this site

:shrug:

I signed up for you.

You should see the sites I've signed you up for :blush:

I wrote about a potential problem with hacking and online account infiltration Monday morning. I believe that there is something going around. Several friends revealed the other day that their Facebook account was hacked.

Over the weekend, I received an email from netflix that my account settings had been changed. Didn't think much of it as I figured my relative was playing around with the account controls. (The account went from 2 simultaneous screens to 4). I called them up and they claimed to have never touched the controls. I decided to sleep on it and when I woke up Monday morning the account was completely hacked. The email address and password had been changed. Netflix fixed it for me.

Earlier today there were several attempts to log into my twitter feed and I received alerts from twitter. I never use it and my real name is not associated with it so it is something that I wouldn't look into until tonight as I was at work.

I get home and am looking over the Twitter thing when HighGrade was compromised.

I also received a legitimate password reset request from one of my actual banking institutions.

For now, I shut down my FB account, and have been changing all email addresses and passwords to everything.

Not cool.

Just giving some of you a heads up.

Damn. I've had some of the same stuff. I got a Twitter email last week, and Netflix a few days ago. I changed my Netflix password immediately and required re sign ins on all devices, but there is stuff in my recently watched lists that I didn't watch.

I changed all my credit card passwords just in case.

Should I be more concerned I did not get an email? (shrug)

I'm registered and have a want list yet have not purchased anything off the site. Perhaps it was a focused hack after the individuals with purchase history?

I registered to make semi-low-ball bids after Bob claimed he priced high but had some incredible wiggle-room on most books. I dreamt my bids would somehow be accepted, but never were. Never purchased anything, but I got the email too. Several of those books sit on the site with larger prices today.

Should I be more concerned I did not get an email? (shrug)

I'm registered and have a want list yet have not purchased anything off the site. Perhaps it was a focused hack after the individuals with purchase history?

I registered to make semi-low-ball bids after Bob claimed he priced high but had some incredible wiggle-room on most books. I dreamt my bids would somehow be accepted, but never were. Never purchased anything, but I got the email too. Several of those books sit on the site with larger prices today.

did he counter at all?